Software Engineering Manager
SimpliSafe is looking for an experienced Software Engineering Manager to lead our WebApp development team.
This team is responsible for designing and implementing Angular applications that millions of end users utilize to interact with our award winning wireless/IoT solution.
Our ideal candidate will have experience building and maintaining highly productive and collaborative Agile teams. The perfect candidate has a passion for developing people professionally, as well as the technical chops to accurately assess engineering performance without overshadowing the project's technical architect.
- Are collaborative by nature
- Are a transparent communicator
- Enjoy challenges and solving problems
- Enjoy a face-paced environment
- Are an excellent communicator, with a track record of working well with executives and non-technical leaders
- Have a "get stuff done" attitude
- Directly manage a team of ~4 developers
- Hire world class team members
- Coach the team in Agile values, principles, and practices
- Actively identify gaps with process, resources, or technical solutions, develop actions to address gaps, and collaborate with stakeholders to address and escalate as needed
- Conduct one-on-ones and performance reviews, and assist with career pathing and goal setting
- Oversee the day to day operations of the team to ensure delivery of code increments that add value to the business while protecting the technical health of the product.
- Collaborate with product owners and product managers to write user stories, and prioritize them for the team
- Influence future product/program direction
- MS in Computer Science or Software Engineering (or BS and equivalent experience)
- 10+ years of software development experience, experiencing bringing products from concept to production
- 5+ years experience in project and people management
BENEFITS & PERKS: