Director Technology - Future Commerce Platform
SimpliSafe, Who We Are:
We fundamentally disrupted the home security industry, pioneering a new way to make home the safest place on earth for everyone. Founded in 2006, we were the first to offer homeowners professional-grade monitored home security with no long-term contracts and at radically fair prices. We now protect over 3 million people and remain committed to our founding goal: to make every home secure.
As a private-equity-backed, hyper-growth IoT leader, SimpliSafe has made building a world class fully internationalized e-commerce platform a Board level priority. We are in the very early stages of building this capability and are looking for a hands-on technical leader to drive this initiative and lead the team to get it done. This is a unique opportunity to design and build an integrated solution for a proven market leader.
In this role, you will:
Report directly into our CTO and manage and drive the creation of our next generation E-Commerce Platform. In addition to leading all technical aspects of this endeavor, you will also partner with marketing and other stakeholders within engineering to define, develop and implement SimpliSafe’s future sales website.
Specifically, you will be responsible for the following:
- Leading selection process for new technology platform
- Home Page, Landing Page, Product Catalog, Cart, Checkout, Promotions
- A/B testing, optimizing conversion rate
- Visitor Tracking/Customer Intelligence/Order attribution
- Payment gateways
- Development Speed
- Multiple Countries/Languages
- High availability/scalability
- Be excited to join SimpliSafe’s collaborative, no-ego approach to getting work done.
- Have a proven track record of success architecting and implementing e-commerce solutions.
- Have at least 10 years of engineering experience, including 3+ years leading a team.
- Have experience with A/B testing, PCI, GDPR, CMS, AWS
- Have superior problem-solving skills in conceptual design and business analysis
- Have exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated success presenting complex technical concepts to leadership teams
- Have a BS / BA in Computer Science, Business, Mathematics or Engineering
Benefits & Perks:
- Health, dental and vision coverage - We cover 85% of plans and offer excellent BCBS HMO/PPO Health plans
- Unlimited paid time off - To give you the flexibility and work/life balance you seek
- 401k Matching and Company Equity - To help you prepare for the future
- Beer Fridays, Bagel Thursdays, Bi-Weekly Lunches, Team and Company Outings – We know how to have fun! Besides, who doesn’t like free food and drinks?!