Senior Engineering Manager - Camera Team
We are looking for an experienced Engineering Manager to lead a camera product development team. This includes hiring, leading, mentoring, and growing the team in the design and support of SimpliSafe’s growing portfolio of cameras. The team will be made up of software, firmware, electrical, and mechanical engineers.
- Hands-on coach that leads by example.
- Help drive development strategies, standards, and design practices.
- Technical lead on new hardware and firmware projects.
- Balance team allocation across multiple projects.
- Lead hiring, on-boarding, and growth of team members through empowering and transparent leadership.
- Drive continuous improvement in embedded software quality and delivery.
- Set individual and team objectives & priorities in partnership with other R&D leaders.
- BS or MS degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Physics or a related field
- 10 or more years of relevant firmware, hardware, or software development experience.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in an engineering leadership capacity
- Experience developing microprocessor/microcontroller IoT devices using Linux, RTOS, and bare metal. Experience in C++ is a plus.
- Experience working with and developing relationships with suppliers and 3rd party vendors.
- Understands best practices of Agile project management, continuous integration, and unit testing.
Simplisafe is a home security company that is based in Boston, MA which creates and sells self-installed security systems. Our company was founded by Chad and Eleanor Laurans in 2006 when they had several friends whose homes were broken into. Chad and Eleanor started designing Simplisafe products in their own home when they realized there weren’t any solutions available on the market that were geared towards renters. From these humble beginnings, Simplisafe has become a major competitor in the home security market and was recently acquired by private equity firm Hellman & Friedman.
At Simplisafe, we place an emphasis on a ‘no-ego’, collaborative culture. From the top down, we all work together to solve the difficult challenges within the home security and IoT industry. We have recently been named in Built In Boston’s ‘Best Places to Work in 2019’ list and in Wealthfront’s ‘2019 Career Launching Companies’ list. Like our products, we are constantly evolving to provide the best employment experience possible. If Simplisafe sounds like a company you’d enjoy working for, we’d love to hear from you!
Benefits & Perks: