Senior Embedded Firmware Engineer
SimpliSafe is looking for a Senior Embedded Firmware Engineer to design and develop the hardware boards and firmware that drives our award winning wireless/IoT home security system.
This role is in the Core Alarm team, which is responsible for the key components of the SimpliSafe system, including the base station, keypad, and smart lock.
In this role, you will:
- Architect, code, and integrate firmware for any of the core alarm products (base station, keypad, smart lock)
- Collaborate with other engineering and product teams on new features
- Work with QA, ensuring high reliability standards to keep every home secure
- Document the design and testing methodologies
- Develop unit test for the verification of code and hardware
- Experience in embedded systems
- Strong C language skills
- Well versed in microcontrollers (preferably PIC and Nordic) and their peripherals
- Knowledge of wireless communication protocols (WiFi, BLE, Sub-GHZ) is a plus
- Ability to read and interpret schematics and other hardware documentation
- Working knowledge of oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, and related test/measurement equipment
- Enjoys working in a highly collaborative environment
- Minimum of Bachelor Degree in CS/EE or equivalent
Simplisafe is a home security company that is based in Boston, MA which creates and sells self-installed security systems. Our company was founded by Chad and Eleanor Laurans in 2006 when they had several friends whose homes were broken into. Chad and Eleanor started designing Simplisafe products in their own home when they realized there weren’t any solutions available on the market that were geared towards renters. From these humble beginnings, Simplisafe has become a major competitor in the home security market and was recently acquired by private equity firm Hellman & Friedman.
At Simplisafe, we place an emphasis on a ‘no-ego’, collaborative culture. From the top down, we all work together to solve the difficult challenges within the home security and IoT industry. We have recently been named in Built In Boston’s ‘Best Places to Work in 2019’ list and in Wealthfront’s ‘2019 Career Launching Companies’ list. Like our products, we are constantly evolving to provide the best employment experience possible. If Simplisafe sounds like a company you’d enjoy working for, we’d love to hear from you!
Benefits & Perks: