SimpliSafe is looking for a Procurement Manager to lead strategic sourcing initiatives across spend categories. Procurement is a newly centralized function within SimpliSafe and this is an exciting opportunity to help build a department. This important position will be responsible for all phases of the procurement process including spend analysis, Request for Proposals (RFPs), negotiations, contract management and supplier performance analysis. In this role you will:
- Collaborate effectively with stakeholders across departments (manufacturing operations, engineering, warehouse/supply chain logistics, marketing, sales, customer support) to translate business needs into clear sourcing requirements
- Lead execution of formalized strategic sourcing process, including conducting market research, preparing and issuing thorough RFPs, negotiating pricing and key terms, analyzing ROI, presenting data-driven recommendations to leadership, and overseeing projects from kick off through contract execution
- Negotiate advantageous vendor agreements that consider total cost of ownership and drive savings while improving operational efficiencies and service levels
- Manage key suppliers, including quarterly business reviews, monitoring and managing supplier relationships, performing root cause analysis and resolution, developing and monitoring supplier improvement plans
- Analyze spend on an ongoing basis to identify opportunities, forecast, track, and deliver against savings targets
- Work as part of a team to build a best in class procurement function, implementing new processes and technologies enabling the team to scale value generation
You are a highly analytical, bottom-line oriented individual with well-rounded business skills. You are a self-motivated, proactive team player who always exhibits good judgment. You are very organized and detailed oriented, with strong negotiation skills and commercial contract reviewing/drafting expertise. You are excited about saving the company money and measuring results. Other qualifications include:
- Bachelor’s degree; MBA preferred
- 3+ years' professional experience within a procurement function preferred;
- Experience leading RFP processes effectively;
- Outstanding contract negotiation skills and project/program management abilities;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with ability to confidently present complex information;
- Good listener; able to integrate objectives of functional leaders into sourcing requirements;
- Capable of providing formalized presentations of project objectives and results to senior executives and other key stakeholders;
- Capable of managing multiple tasks simultaneously and prioritizing projects effectively in a fast-moving, ever-changing environment;
- Ability to build solid relationships and establish credibility across all levels of the organization;
- A proven performer who is motivated, focused, passionate, and inspires confidence in employees and senior management
- Highest level of integrity in all his/her dealings with people inside and outside the Company, exemplifying high moral and ethical behavior.
SimpliSafe is a leading home security company that is disrupting the alarm industry with its award-winning security solution and pioneering self-install model. SimpliSafe combines thoughtfully-designed technology with industry-leading professional monitoring and verification – all at fair and honest prices with no long-term contracts.
In August 2018, funds affiliated with Hellman & Friedman LLC acquired the company to support SimpliSafe’s expansion plans. SimpliSafe has experienced tremendous growth in recent years, becoming one of the largest and fastest growing home security providers in the U.S., protecting 3 million Americans.
Throughout this expansion, the company has retained its small company ethos -- no-ego, hard-working collaborative teams focused on advancing the company’s mission and making people’s lives better.