Human Resources Generalist
SimpliSafe is a leading innovator in the home security industry with one mission: to make every home secure.
We believe in democratizing home safety. As our co-founder Chad Laurans aptly put it, “you shouldn’t have to ask for permission to secure your home. You should be able to do it yourself.”
SimpliSafe protects over 3 million Americans and we’re growing at a rapid pace. We pride ourselves in being daring innovators, humble cooperators, and data-driven thinkers. We go wherever the best idea leads us, work selflessly to get the best outcomes for our customers, and constantly analyze & reevaluate our efforts.
SimpliSafe has a range of opportunities for like-minded individuals, from our US and UK corporate offices to our warehouses and customer service centers.
SimpliSafe is seeking an HR Generalist in our brand new contact center in Richmond, VA. This person will have an impact on our employee experience starting day 1, and will be instrumental in the growth and success of a new site within a growing company.
What You’ll Do
- Work jointly with the People and Contact Center leadership teams on any employee relations issues and support internal investigations as needed
- Work alongside other People team members on a variety of projects and programs including onboarding/offboarding, new hire orientation, benefits, compensation, and compliance
- Partner with other People team members to deliver programs and processes to support business objectives and strategy implementation
- Assist in deployment and execution of various People team surveys
- Work with the Engagement team to execute employee engagement campaigns, analyzing performance against targets and identifying opportunities for improvement
- Help to shape and communicate our culture to current and new employees
- Manage Workers’ Compensation & Background Check searches
- Manage all onboarding and support new hires through their first few weeks
- Manage all offboarding of employees
- Be the resident HRIS expert (i.e. - pull reports, maintain data integrity and guide employees to access information)
What You’ll Need
- 2+ years of HR-related experience
- Proficiency with HR information systems (HRIS) and the Microsoft Office Suite
- Clear and concise communication skills (written and verbal)
- Excellent planning, organizational, and time management skills
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Presentation and public speaking experience
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information
- Knowledge of HR functions & best practices
- Strong decision making & problem solving skills
Eligible for certification as an electronic security employee, which requires submitting your fingerprints to the Virginia Department of Criminal Justice Services (DCJS) for use in conducting a national criminal records search and a Virginia criminal history search and final certification approval from DCJS.