Human Resources Manager
SimpliSafe is a leading innovator in the home security industry with one mission: to make every home secure.
We believe in democratizing home safety. As our co-founder Chad Laurans aptly put it, “you shouldn’t have to ask for permission to secure your home. You should be able to do it yourself.”
SimpliSafe protects over 3 million Americans and we’re growing at a rapid pace. We pride ourselves in being daring innovators, humble cooperators, and data-driven thinkers. We go wherever the best idea leads us, work selflessly to get the best outcomes for our customers, and constantly analyze & reevaluate our efforts.
SimpliSafe has a range of opportunities for like-minded individuals, from our US and UK corporate offices to our warehouses and customer service centers.
SimpliSafe is seeking a HR Manager in our brand new contact center in Richmond, VA. This person will have an impact on our employee experience starting day 1, and will be instrumental in the growth and success of a new site within a growing company.
What You’ll Do
- Work jointly with the People and Contact Center leadership to develop and deliver a differentiated SimpliSafe employee experience by aligning HR programs and initiatives with SimpliSafe’s overall business strategy and values
- Work alongside other People team members to drive employee development and engagement while preserving SimpliSafe’s culture
- Shape, communicate and demonstrate our culture to current and new employees
- Establish strong working relationships and build rapport with colleagues and people leaders throughout the company
- Be responsible for the growth and development of a high-performing VA-based People Team in partnership with our Chief People Officer
What You’ll Need
- 7+ years of progressive experience across all aspects of Human Resources: talent acquisition, development, engagement, and rewards
- Contact center or related customer service center experience
- Ability to develop strong partnering relationships with business leaders, employees and other stakeholders
- Strong decision making & problem solving skills
- People leadership experience
- Clear and concise communication skills (written and verbal)
- Excellent planning, organizational, and time management skills
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Presentation and public speaking experience
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information
- Demonstrated knowledge of best practices and relevant employment law
- Proficiency with HR information systems (HRIS UltiPro preferred) and the Google Suite
Eligible for certification as an electronic security employee, which requires submitting your fingerprints to the Virginia Department of Criminal Justice Services (DCJS) for use in conducting a national criminal records search and a Virginia criminal history search and final certification approval from DCJS.