Loss Prevention Manager
SimpliSafe is a leading innovator in the home security industry with one mission: to make every home secure.
We believe in democratizing home safety. As our co-founder Chad Laurans aptly put it, “you shouldn’t have to ask for permission to secure your home. You should be able to do it yourself.”
SimpliSafe protects over 3 million Americans and we’re growing at a rapid pace. We pride ourselves in being daring innovators, humble cooperators, and data-driven thinkers. We go wherever the best idea leads us, work selflessly to get the best outcomes for our customers, and constantly analyze & reevaluate our efforts.
SimpliSafe has a range of opportunities for like-minded individuals, from our US and UK corporate offices to our warehouses and customer service centers.
The Loss Prevention Manager – Fulfillment Centers (FC) leads the effort to efficiently and effectively provide risk mitigation, provide security oversight and asset (People, Property, & Data) protection within the assigned location. The Loss Prevention Manager is a key member of the operations organization, working with the FC Operational team as well as cross functional teams throughout the organization.
What You’ll Do
- Coordinate shrink reduction programs in partnership with Operations Management; execute shrink reduction initiatives in areas of awareness, audits, and training
- Investigate chargebacks from retail customers to reduce financial penalties to SimpliSafe.
- Investigate incidents, accidents, and situations that may affect the assets of the company while working with Operations Supervisors to ensure compliance with all security / Loss Prevention processes and procedures
- Implement security systems and controls to ensure merchandise, the building, and associates are protected; report critical exceptions
- Complete written reports to management on audits and incidents, within the facility.
- Participate in safety committees, shrink committees and daily operations meetings; advising the Fulfillment Management team during emergency situations.
- Participating in internal investigations involving employee theft, harassment, etc.
What You’ll Need
- 1 -2 years of Loss Prevention or Asset Protection management experience in a distribution center, fulfillment center or retail setting
- Knowledge of investigation/interviewing skills
- Strong communicator and motivator
- 4 – 6 years of work experience
- Bachelor’s degree
What we’d love to see (but isn’t required)
- Strong Communication skills
- Demonstrated ability with MS office projects
- Understanding of warehouse security systems and technology