Accounts Payable Specialist
Who We Are
SimpliSafe is a leading innovator in the home security industry with one mission: to make every home secure.
We believe in democratizing home safety. As our co-founder Chad Laurans aptly put it, “you shouldn’t have to ask for permission to secure your home. You should be able to do it yourself.”
SimpliSafe protects over 3 million Americans and we’re growing at a rapid pace. We pride ourselves in being daring innovators, humble cooperators, and data-driven thinkers. We go wherever the best idea leads us, work selflessly to get the best outcomes for our customers, and constantly analyze & reevaluate our efforts.
SimpliSafe has a range of opportunities for like-minded individuals, from our US and UK corporate offices to our warehouses and customer service centers.
SimpliSafe is seeking an Accounts Payable Specialist to help our accounting team accelerate and streamline our accounts payable processes. In this position, you will see the entire AP function from start to finish. This includes receiving, verifying, processing, reviewing, and paying invoices in an accurate and timely manner for all of our vendors and customers.
- Process invoices through our accounting software to ensure accuracy with general ledger accounts, departments, and payment terms
- Ensure all invoices are approved for payment by appropriate personnel and recognize and communicate any discrepancies
- Communicate with vendors, buyers and other members of the organization to answer questions and resolve issues
- Collect all information necessary for new vendor setup and approval, including filling out credit applications to establish credit terms with vendors
- Assist in preparation of weekly batch payments ensuring vendors are paid in a timely manner
- Perform monthly Accounts Payable reconciliations and review any past due bills or invoices to be written off
- Maintain accurate records of all documents to comply with review for management and external auditors
- Solid understanding of basic bookkeeping, accounts payable principles and budgeting
- Detail oriented with the ability to maintain a high degree of accuracy
- Strong communication skills with fellow SimpiSafers and external vendors
- Data entry skills and a knack for numbers
- Experience with NetSuite and/or MineralTree a plus
- Associate's degree with 2 or more years experience in full cycle A/P processes