SimpliSafe is a leading innovator in the home security industry with one mission: to make every home secure.
We believe in democratizing home safety. As our co-founder Chad Laurans aptly put it, “you shouldn’t have to ask for permission to secure your home. You should be able to do it yourself.”
SimpliSafe protects over 3 million Americans and we’re growing at a rapid pace. We pride ourselves in being daring innovators, humble cooperators, and data-driven thinkers. We go wherever the best idea leads us, work selflessly to get the best outcomes for our customers, and constantly analyze & reevaluate our efforts.
SimpliSafe has a range of opportunities for like-minded individuals, from our US and UK corporate offices to our warehouses and customer service centers.
The Project Manager will work with various teams to translate project requirements into effective and detailed project plans that meet business needs. This critical position will oversee all aspects of assigned projects- setting deadlines, assigning responsibilities, monitoring and summarizing progress, and meeting established budget and key metrics of success. The candidate should be able to work directly with a variety of teams and communicate at all levels of the organization.
What You’ll Do
- Define project scope and objectives
- Determine key project stakeholders and assign roles and responsibilities
- Estimate budget based on scope of work and resource requirements. Track project against budget
- Develop and manage a detailed project plan to meet required milestones and deadlines
- Provide project updates on a consistent basis, preparing communication for all levels of the organization
- Manage contracts with vendors and suppliers as needed
- Meet all company compliance requirements
- Adjust project plan as needed, calling out required decisions, escalations, or risks
- Provide a clear handoff of project deliverables to key stakeholders
- Follow and advise others on company and industry best practices
What You’ll Need
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum of 5 years of Project Management and/or Product Management experience
- Solid understanding of Project Management concepts and practices
- Proven ability to complete projects according to scope, budget and timeline
- Creative problem-solving capability
- Able to manage multiple priorities at the same time while maintaining attention to detail
- Strong familiarity with project management software tools, methodologies, and best practices
- Excellent analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to clearly communicate across all levels of the organization
What we’d love to see (but isn’t required)
- PMP Certification Preferred
- Experience working in a consumer products or technology company