Customer Insights Manager
Do you love digging into why people act the way they do, and what it takes to change behavior? SimpliSafe is seeking a customer-obsessed research expert to join our growing team in Customer Marketing and Loyalty. Our goal is to create an unparalleled customer experience, and we’re looking for a Customer Insights Manager to propel our work forward. This role will be responsible for research related to the customer journey after initial purchase, leading research projects that help drive loyalty and strengthen customers’ engagement with our brand. You will serve as a strong champion and advocate for our customer. Your work will inform messaging of existing customer touchpoints, recommendations for improving our experience today, and prioritization of potential new programs.
What you’ll do:
- Own the creation and execution of all customer marketing & loyalty related research projects, including developing hypotheses, designing studies, analyzing results and developing recommendations
- Perform a mix of quantitative and qualitative customer research, using both traditional methods (e.g., surveys, focus groups, interviews), as well as in-market experiments through partnerships with other teams (e.g., digital A/B tests, contact center experiments, and prototyped solutions to validate hypotheses)
- Partner cross functionally across Marketing, Product, Strategy, Operations, and Data Science to align your learning objectives, proposed methodology, and study recommendations
- Document and socialize customer insights across the company, to ensure common understanding and help reinforce a culture of customer-centricity
- Work collaboratively with other company researchers to share best practices and identify process improvements
- Focus externally on key industry trends and research best practices
What you’ll need:
- At least 5 years of quantitative and qualitative consumer research experience at a market research agency, consulting firm, or within a corporation
- Strong analytical skills to translate raw data into insights, and excellent communication skills to translate insights into a compelling, influential story
- A strong bias towards action, balancing quality of research with the desire to get insights quickly
- Track record of working in a fast-paced, collaborative team environment
- Comfortable presenting in front of large and executive audiences
- BA/BS degree, Master’s degree (or equivalent) a plus
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
SimpliSafe is a leading innovator in the home security industry with one mission: to make every home secure.
We believe in democratizing home safety. As our co-founder Chad Laurans aptly put it, “You shouldn’t have to ask for permission to secure your home. You should be able to do it yourself.”
SimpliSafe protects over 3 million Americans and we’re growing at a rapid pace. We pride ourselves in being daring innovators, humble cooperators, and data-driven thinkers. We go wherever the best idea leads us, work selflessly to get the best outcomes for our customers, and constantly analyze & reevaluate our efforts.
At Simplisafe, we place an emphasis on a ‘no-ego’, collaborative culture. From the top down, we all work together to solve the difficult challenges within the home security and IoT industry. We have recently been named in Built In Boston’s ‘Best Places to Work in 2019’ list and in Wealthfront’s ‘2019 Career Launching Companies’ list. Like our products, we are constantly evolving to provide the best employment experience possible. If Simplisafe sounds like a company you’d enjoy working for, we’d love to hear from you!