Senior Product Manager; Camera Lifecycle
We are …
a team of designers, strategists, engineers, writers, researchers and product folks based in downtown Boston. Over the past ten years, we’ve quietly transformed home security from an outdated, unfriendly industry to something elegant, thoughtful, and beautifully designed. We put our customers at the center of everything we do. We care deeply about their experience and we constantly try to delight them with innovative products and services that are fairly priced. Our top ratings in the App/Play store are a clear validation of our commitment to customer experience. Plus, CNET, the Wirecutter and PCMag all named us their Editors’ Choice for home security.
The Job …
As a Sr Product Manager for cameras, you’ll be responsible for maintaining and improving our wide portfolio of security cameras after they have launched to customers. Your work will directly impact the experience of millions of customers who use our cameras daily. To succeed, you’ll need critical thinking, initiative, resilience, and a customer-first mindset. You’ll make your decisions by diving deep into the data whenever possible, but be comfortable in the face of ambiguity to take calculated leaps of faith. Your responsibilities include:
- Develop a deep understanding of how our customers use our cameras via qualitative & quantitative research
- Coordinate with cross-functional teams (Customer service, engineering, manufacturing operations etc.) to triage and fix software bugs & hardware issues reported by customers
- Maintain a roadmap of new software features that deliver more value to camera users & align with overall company strategy
- Assist sustaining engineering team to plan, test & roll out new over-the-air updates (OTA’s) with new features & bug fixes
- Manage product phase-outs
- Define, build & help launch new hardware accessories that can improve the experience customers have with our cameras
You’ve got ..
- Passion for consumer products, especially electronics, apps, and smart home
- Data-driven mindset that loves diving into the details
- Strong understanding of agile methodology, user experience, and jobs theory
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves and Get Things Done
- Strong writing ability, presentation and verbal communication skills.
- Bachelor's Degree in a technical discipline (engineering or science)
- Advanced degree (MS / MBA) strongly preferred
- 3-5 years of experience in roles related to Product Management, Product Marketing, Software Development, or User Experience Design