Senior Engineering Manager - Hardware Sustaining
We are looking for an experienced Senior Engineering Manager to lead all product sustaining efforts at SimpliSafe. This includes hiring and leading the team, overseeing all design changes of our growing portfolio of shipping products, and designing sustaining processes for change management with our overseas manufacturers.
- Hands-on coach that leads by example.
- Develop and drive hardware sustaining strategies, standards, and change management practices.
- Leader of technical leads on VAVE projects, sustaining engineering, product launch, customer support, and manufacturing support.
- Balance team allocation across multiple projects.
- Lead hiring, on-boarding, and growth of team members through empowering and transparent leadership.
- Drive continuous improvement in embedded software and hardware quality and delivery.
- Set individual and team objectives and priorities in partnership with other R&D leaders.
- Partners with NPI leads to transition all NPI designs to manufacturing and sustaining.
- BS or MS degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical or a related field
- 10 or more years of relevant firmware, hardware, or software development experience.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in an engineering leadership capacity
- Experience developing or sustaining wireless IoT devices. Experience with firmware is a plus.
- Experience working with and developing relationships with suppliers and 3rd party vendors.
At Simplisafe, we place an emphasis on a ‘no-ego’, collaborative culture. From the top down, we all work together to solve the difficult challenges within the home security and IoT industry. We have recently been named in Built In Boston’s ‘Best Places to Work in 2019’ list and in Wealthfront’s ‘2019 Career Launching Companies’ list. Like our products, we are constantly evolving to provide the best employment experience possible. If Simplisafe sounds like a company you’d enjoy working for, we’d love to hear from you!
Benefits & Perks: