Supply Chain Analyst
SimpliSafe is a leading innovator in the DIY security industry with one mission: to make every home secure. We believe in democratizing home safety. As our co-founder Chad Laurans aptly put it, "you shouldn't have to ask permission to secure your home. You should be able to do it yourself."
SimpliSafe protects over 3 million Americans and we're growing at a rapid pace. We pride ourselves in being daring innovators, humble cooperators, and data driven thinkers. We go wherever the best idea leads us, work selflessly to get the best outcomes for our customers, and constantly analyze & reevaluate our efforts.
What You'll Do:
- Strategic thinking to develop longer-range supply strategies and plans that drive significant value while meeting the business requirements.
- Partner with internal Sourcing, Engineering, Product Management, Quality, and Manufacturing teams to support strategies that drive improvement throughout the product life cycle.
- Monitor stocking positions through analysis in past usage and future forecast and adjust lot sizes and order points accordingly or make recommendations to the buyers.
- Develop ongoing metric tools for operations (dashboards etc) for the measurement of OTD, Quality and Parts Delivery status etc.
- Monitor on-going Slow and Obsolete material and develop action plans in partnership with the responsible teams.
- Maintain visibility into finished good stock levels at our global warehouse locations.
- Prepare month end inventory accounting reconciliations.
- Establish end-to-end partner performance measurements and scorecards and hold partners accountable to continually improve cost, quality, lead time and service to both SimpliSafe and our contract manufacturing partners
- Key contributor in developing Should Cost analysis
- Support executive-level business reviews with critical partners at appropriate cadence
- Align with manufacturing partners to best leverage external capabilities, and improve ordering/buffering requirements while preventing supply risks and improving flexibility of supply.
What You'll Bring:
- 2+ years in managing outsourced manufacturing, Tier 2 suppliers, and development of consumer electronics
- Enjoy working in a highly collaborative environment
- Enthusiastic and motivated with the ability to build relationships both internally and with key partners up to the executive level
- Must be proficient with Excel and show ability to demonstrate (Pivot tables, VLOOKUP, sorting, arithmetic formulae)
- Familiar with an updated ERP system (NetSuite or similar)
- Proven track record or display of analytical and communication skills
- Demonstrated experience managing by influence, both with internal and external partners
- Experience improving supply chain and supplier performance, including performance metrics in the contract manufacturing industry
- Experience working with Asian manufacturers.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Supply Chain Management
Bonus Points For:
- Experience with Tableau dashboard development
- Experience with database queries (SQL)
- MBA or master’s degree in Mechanical/Electrical/Industrial Engineering
- Language skills with the ability to speak/read Mandarin/Simplified Chinese
- Strong understanding of geo-political and global trade influences within Asia