Project Engineer - Hardware Accessories
At SimpliSafe Project Engineers are key leaders on product development projects. They act as Technical Leads partnering with our Manufacturing and Product teams focusing on understanding customer needs; product functional and performance requirements; product architecture, constraints and trade-offs; design requirements; and the technical risks of a new product being developed or of a current product being changed.
We are currently seeking a Project Engineer to manage the design and delivery of our Hardware Accessories.
In this role you will:
- Work in a highly collaborative environment.
- Be responsible for gathering, interpreting and defining requirements from multiple individuals and translating them into a workable concept and handling transition to prototype and mass-production stages.
- Propose innovative hardware/software solutions pertaining to reliability and cost reduction.
- Lead the project team through product development cycle, from design to testing and manufacturing/post launch support.
- Lead interdisciplinary efforts and teams to deliver on whole product development projects.
- Have credible depth in your technical area of expertise.
- Value progress over perfection by delivering on time and on budget
To be successful in this role, you should:
- Have a BS in EE, CE, ME or equivalent with > 5 years of experience. MS is a plus.
- Be self-driven with strong leadership ability and a proven track record of excelling in a multidisciplinary team environment.
- Possess deep technical expertise in an applicable area of engineering.
- Have an entrepreneurial attitude, with a desire to work in a fast paced, dynamic setting.
- Have a broad system-thinking mentality across manufacturing, supply chain, software, firmware, hardware and quality
- Be experienced with bringing hardware products to production in collaboration with overseas partners.
- Have experience as a technical lead or systems architect on a high volume project.
- Have experience and willingness to travel and collaborate with Asia based partners (25% post COVID).
Simplisafe is a home security company that is based in Boston, MA which creates and sells self-installed security systems. Our company was founded by Chad and Eleanor Laurans in 2006 when they had several friends whose homes were broken into. Chad and Eleanor started designing Simplisafe products in their own home when they realized there weren’t any solutions available on the market that were geared towards renters. From these humble beginnings, Simplisafe has become a major competitor in the home security market and was recently acquired by private equity firm Hellman & Friedman.
At Simplisafe, we place an emphasis on a ‘no-ego’, collaborative culture. From the top down, we all work together to solve the difficult challenges within the home security and IoT industry. Like our products, we are constantly evolving to provide the best employment experience possible. If Simplisafe sounds like a company you’d enjoy working for, we’d love to hear from you!
Benefits & Perks:
- Health, dental and vision coverage - We cover 80% of plans and offer excellent BCBS HMO/PPO Health plans
- Unlimited paid time off - To give you the flexibility and work/life balance you seek
- 401k Matching and Company Equity - To help you prepare for the future
- Tuition Assistance for Undergraduate and Graduate Programs