Senior Electrical Engineer
SimpliSafe is looking for an Electrical Engineer to help develop our next generation products and improve our existing portfolio of products. We are a technology start-up growing in the heart of Boston, but with a global footprint. We design, manufacture, and sell a line of wireless home security systems. Our technology and service platform is giving millions of Americans the ability to protect their homes and families without the hassles, contracts and fees charged by traditional home security.
- Enjoy working in a highly collaborative environment.
- Comfortable with interpreting requirements from multiple individuals into a workable concept and handling transition to prototype and mass-production stages.
- Ability to communicate effectively (written and verbally).
- Propose innovative hardware/software solutions pertaining to reliability and cost reduction.
- Ability to work autonomously and drive projects and issue resolutions to completion.
- BSEE or equivalent with 5+ years of experience. MSEE is a plus.
- Demonstrated experience in an accountable position for taking a product from inception to launch.
- Experience in embedded systems design including design with UART, SPI, I2C, USB, Ethernet, SDIO, MIPI, etc.
- Experience with MCUs from bare metal style 8051s to integrated processors running Linux.
- Experience designing power electronics - including linear regulators, DC/DC supplies and power transistors/MOSFETs.
- Experience with RF technologies including Sub-GHz, WiFi and Bluetooth.
- Knowledge of thermodynamics as it applies to an EE role - heatsinking, transistor stress, IC package selection.
- Knowledge of basic principles of EMI and various techniques used to reduce noise and emissions.
- Knowledge of high-speed rules, PCB stackups up to 8 layers, and layout rules to mitigate EMI and experience with small pitch IC packages (i.e. BGA).
- Optimizing designs for very low power usage (frequently < 1uA).
- Working knowledge of oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, spectrum analyzers, and related test/measurement equipment.
- Schematic capture and PCB layout, experience with Altium is a plus.
- High volume consumer electronics experience.
- Working with overseas CM’s and JDM’s
- Experience with embedded firmware.
- Ability to write scripts and other support software to verify designs.
- Experience with design of SoC platforms running an OS like embedded Linux.
- Experience with PLM tools and Stage Gate process.
- Knowledge of Agile work environment.
- Sustaining support of deployed products.