Contact Center Quality Assurance Analyst
SimpliSafe is a leading innovator in the home security industry with one mission: to make every home secure.
We believe in democratizing home safety. As our co-founder Chad Laurans aptly put it, “you shouldn’t have to ask for permission to secure your home. You should be able to do it yourself.”
SimpliSafe protects over 3 million Americans and we’re growing at a rapid pace. We pride ourselves in being daring innovators, humble cooperators, and data-driven thinkers. We go wherever the best idea leads us, work selflessly to get the best outcomes for our customers, and constantly analyze & reevaluate our efforts.
SimpliSafe has a range of opportunities for like-minded individuals, from our US and UK corporate offices to our warehouses and customer service centers.
Are you organized, analytical and enjoy spotting trends? Do you want to join a team that measures the quality and consistency of our service delivery? Your passion for helping teams grow and coach for results will have a direct impact on our agent performance. We are looking for a Quality Assurance Analyst that will be part of driving service excellence and creating best in class contact centers located in Richmond, VA.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Perform monitoring of agent interactions, ranging from billing questions to tech troubleshooting, to achieve targets
- Attend and participate in calibration sessions
- Take live calls monthly to ensure current with agent experience
- Observe and report call center trends
- Gather business insights/customer feedback and report to management
- Participate in new hire training session mock calls and assist with nesting agents
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- At least 3 years experience within technical support call center environment, in a QA role a plus
- An analytical mindset that can spot trends and identify areas of improvement
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with attention to detail
- Ability to be customer focused in all tasks
- Working knowledge of MS Office/G Suite tools
Must be eligible for certification as an electronic security employee, which requires submitting your fingerprints to the Virginia Department of Criminal Justice Services (DCJS) for use in conducting a national criminal records search and a Virginia criminal history search and final certification approval from DCJS.