Simplisafe is looking for a Lead SDET to join our QA/QE team to head up the effort to design, develop and implement our automated test framework. This role will challenge you to build a best in class automated test framework, own and operate the CI/CD test pipeline / environment, and work in parallel with other business functions such as Development and Product Management to implement automated test as a part of our software development process.
The ideal candidate possesses a passion for automated software testing and quality practices at all phases of SDLC. You understand the right level and type of test to apply to certain situations and products. You understand system and application architecture, and can influence both with regards to testability.
What will you do?
- Embrace a test-first, shift-left mindset, beginning at the earliest stages of product development.
- Design and implement a best in class test automation framework
- Set the standard for Quality Engineering practices in working alongside Development and Product Management to engineer quality into our products.
- Define, implement and own the CI/CD test pipeline and test environment(s).
- Be the go-to person for other SDeTs and QA staff for all items related to automated testing, such as onboarding, mentorship, automated test design/best practices and leading by example.
- Be an advocate for quality and the customer experience alongside your business partners and stakeholders.
What do you possess?
- 10+ years experience with automated software testing, either as an SDET or Software Development Engineer.
- Strong communication skills with demonstrated experience uplifting individuals and driving teams forward with the ability to influence technical decisions in a fast-paced environment.
- You have hands-on experience with API/Integration testing, contract testing
- Experience with pipeline creation and development with CI/CD tools such as Jenkins.
- Hands-on experience with Performance testing methodologies.
- Demonstrated experience with containerized test approaches/deployments
- Experience with AWS and relational databases is a plus
- Linting experience is strongly preferred.