System Architect - Core Alarm Team
SimpliSafe is looking for an experienced architect to lead and oversee the hardware architecture of our alarm system. This includes overseeing the ongoing improvement and development of our alarm system architecture.
Responsibilities will include:
- Developing a deep understanding of our current hardware architecture in order to drive continuous improvement of our design as we add new devices to the system.
- Partnering across the company for early development and definition of our long term roadmap
- Working with product, hardware design, software, cloud, firmware, and research teams to define the following:
- Smart home integration options
- IoT-critical features like connectivity, security, interoperability.
- RF protocol options and implications
- Embedded platform selection
- Integration with our growing camera portfolio
- Full system cost, battery life, and design complexity implications.
- Investigation of new technologies that will improve the value of the system to our customers.
- Ownership of architecture implementation.
- BS or MS degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical or a related field
- 10 or more years of relevant hardware or firmware development experience.
- Experience with architecture and systems engineering across electrical, firmware, mechanical, and audio systems.
- Experience driving multiple novel consumer electronics products through a complete development cycle.
- Experience working with and developing relationships with suppliers and 3rd party vendors.