Sr. Manager, Total Rewards
SimpliSafe is a leading innovator in the home security industry with one mission: to make every home secure.
We believe in democratizing home safety. As our co-founder Chad Laurans aptly put it, “you shouldn’t have to ask for permission to secure your home. You should be able to do it yourself.”
SimpliSafe protects over 3 million Americans and we’re growing at a rapid pace. We pride ourselves in being daring innovators, humble cooperators, and data-driven thinkers. We go wherever the best idea leads us, work selflessly to get the best outcomes for our customers, and constantly analyze & reevaluate our efforts.
SimpliSafe has a range of opportunities for like-minded individuals, from our US and UK corporate offices to our warehouses and customer service centers.
Note: This role can sit remotely in the U.S. or in Boston, MA.
Working closely with the SimpliSafe People Team, the Senior Manager, Total Rewards will deliver programs and services that help to create a best-in-class experience for our employees. The Total Rewards Manager will be responsible for all compensation and benefits processes and analysis and plays a key role in contributing to the success of SimpliSafe by ensuring we are delivering best in class compensation and benefits through clear communication and effective programs. You will have a great opportunity to help drive strategic initiatives designed to enhance our Employee Value Proposition and competitive advantage.
Reporting directly to the Sr. Director, Total Rewards & People Operations and providing thought partnership and collaboration across the People organization and leveraging data driven insights that support the design of innovative, cost effective and market competitive programs to support SimpliSafers.
What You'll Do:
- Manages the day-to-day operations of the health and wellness programs in the U. S. and provide support on UK benefits inquiries
- Maintain relationships with benefits vendors and escalate employee issues related to benefits, including medical, dental, vision, HSA, FSA, commuter benefits, disability, life insurance, leave of absence and 401(k)
- Deliver outstanding customer service to SimpliSafers while providing knowledge and resources relating to health & welfare, leave of absence, wellness and compensation programming
- Administers the day-to-day aspects of the 401(k) plan to ensure compliance with ERISA and IRS guidance and provides input to plan design
- Develop processes and procedures for leave administration and educating HRBPs on best practices to ensure compliance with applicable federal and state leave regulations
- Review and monitor carrier data integration reports to identify and address inaccuracies and system errors
- Oversee and implement a robust wellness program
- Create and maintain invoice reconciliation and enrollment and cost trend analysis; partner with finance to forecast future benefits expenses
- Stay current on changing state and federal compliance and lead all audits and corrective actions
- Facilitate the annual open enrollment process in the U.S. by providing recommendations for benefits renewal, as well as assisting with the development and launch of the employee communications plan and materials, and ensuring coordination with benefits consultant and vendors
- Experience with analyzing market data to build salary ranges and provide market pricing support to People Partners and Talent Acquisition
- Assist with implementing annual compensation planning process
- Support rewards & recognition programs/systems
- Partner with the People Partners, People Operations and Payroll to support processes and projects across the employee lifecycle
- BS Degree in Business or Finance preferred
- CBP or CCP preferred, but not required
- Minimum 6-8 years of experience in compensation and benefits
- Experience with self-funded medical plans
- Demonstrated basic knowledge of ERISA, employee benefit programs and vendor management
- Knowledge all all pertinent federal and state regulations, filing and compliance requirements both adopted and pending affecting benefit programs, including ERISA, COBRA, FMLA, ADA, Section 125, Workers Compensation, Medicare, HIPAA, and social security and DOL requirements
- Proficient with compensation and benefits administration, preferably with UltiPro (UKG)
- Ability to work on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation
- Strong excel skills including formulas, functions, pivot tables etc.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain total confidentiality in all matters related to employee benefits and compensation
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- High-level organizational, project and time management skills