People Partner- Contact Center
The People Partner reports to and works closely with the People Team Sr. Director in supporting SimpliSafe’s Contact Center Directors and their teams in Richmond and Boston. This is an opportunity to support a team that’s growing across multiple lines of business (Customer Service, Sales, Loyalty/Retention)!
Serving as a strategic partner on people-related matters, you will assist in designing and executing strategic programs to support key people areas, including: hiring, onboarding and training, retention, and development of talent; organizational design; Global Career Framework; employee engagement; and compensation. In addition, you will provide HR support on key business and People Team initiatives such as: Annual Performance Reviews, Talent Planning, Employee Engagement Survey, DE&I, etc. The People Partner will also assist with complex employee issues, escalations and investigations.
Based in Richmond, VA, this role will also support Contact Center leaders in Boston, MA.
SimpliSafe is a leading innovator in the home security industry with one mission: to make every home secure. We believe in democratizing home safety. As our co-founder Chad Laurans aptly put it, “You shouldn’t have to ask for permission to secure your home. You should be able to do it yourself.”
SimpliSafe protects over 3 million Americans and we’re growing at a rapid pace. We pride ourselves in being daring innovators, humble cooperators, and data-driven thinkers. We go wherever the best idea leads us, work selflessly to get the best outcomes for our customers, and constantly analyze & reevaluate our efforts.
At SimpliSafe, we place an emphasis on a ‘no-ego’, collaborative culture. From the top down, we all work together to solve the difficult challenges within the home security and IoT industry. Like our products, we are constantly evolving to provide the best employment experience possible.
What You'll Do
- Align on business objectives with business leaders and serve as a strategic partner to leadership on people-related matters.
- Partner with People Team Sr. Director and business leaders to design, manage, improve, and support key People-related initiatives and programs including compensation, career development, performance management, talent planning, employee relations, change management, training, organizational design, etc.
- Partner with other People functions and internal resources to drive and execute corporate-wide People initiatives and programs including design, implementation and iteration.
- Assess organizational health and effectiveness on a regular basis and identify opportunities to drive improvements and efficiencies.
- Assist in deployment and execution of various People team surveys and employee feedback routines including focus groups and exit interviews.
- Coach managers and provide guidance and support with performance related issues or employee/manager conversations.
- Constructively challenge the status quo for the purpose of improving outcomes or processes.
- Liaise between the People Team, client groups, and other stakeholders, all while representing SimpliSafe values and culture.
- Conduct effective, thorough, and objective employee relations investigations for complex escalations and issues.
- Act as a cultural ambassador, fostering diversity and inclusion.
What You'll Bring
Desired Skills and Experience:
- 5+ years applicable HR/People Business Partner experience or adjacent role. Experience supporting a contact center or customer-facing hourly employee base is preferred.
- General knowledge of all functional areas in HR.
- Excellent communication, mediation, and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability scaling processes and managing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to think critically, problem solve, and recommend effective solutions.
- Must be able to flex work style - strategic, operational and tactical - and partner effectively across functional teams, and employee levels.
- Exceptional organization and project management skills.
Must be eligible for certification as an electronic security employee, which requires submitting your fingerprints to the Virginia Department of Criminal Justice Services (DCJS) for use in conducting a national criminal records search and a Virginia criminal history search and final certification approval from DCJS.