Senior Firmware QA Engineer
The Platform FW Team at Simplisafe is looking for a QA Engineer who is excited to dive into the guts of our products and services. This role will be instrumental in helping us to deliver full-stack features (Device FW, Backend services, Web-app, Mobile app) for our rapidly growing portfolio of best-in-class Home Security products.
In this role, you will:
- Join a FW team that owns the delivery of the firmware for the platform that is at the core of SimpliSafe products
- Perform regressions and ticket testing for releases
- Assist the team in balancing risk and delivery for releases. This typically involves learning about features, their impact and relationship to other parts of the system, and then using this knowledge to analyze the risk posed by certain bugs / features.
- Be a gatekeeper for internal, external, manufacturing and fulfillment releases
- Be the eyes and ears of the team for any bugs or bug related discussions (this currently translates to being very active on various Slack channels)
- Utilize and inform our end-to-end automation framework
- Dig down deep into logs, packet capture, and even circuit design, and then back up again to find root cause
- Help evaluate, implement, and build on top of the many quality tool sets available
As a Senior-level Engineer, you will be relied upon to own the FW QA process and execution for a device or set of devices.
Ideally you are :
- Excited to work in a fast-paced, agile environment
- Experienced in collaborating with a cross-functional team of developers and product
- Adept at developing and executing robust, repeatable test plans
- Well-versed with bug-management and project-tracking tools such as Jira
- Well-versed with test case management software
- Comfortable working with docker containers
- Comfortable using CI/CD frameworks such as GoCD, Jenkins, GitCI etc.
- Able to perform testing in Web Services (REST) environments
- Someone with a proven track record of thriving in a collaborative environment
- Someone who is able to create and has a strong bias towards good documentation
- Someone who pays attention and tries to explain even minor issues / aberrations in product behavior
- Comfortable enough with Python (mainly 3.x, some 2.x) to be able to install and configure the interpreter (different versions, pyenv, modules, pip) and to be able to make modifications to existing Python scripts
Bonus points for:
- Strong Python development skills
- Knowledge in Node.js
- Command line (CLI) and Unix exposure
- Hardware testing
- IoT / Home automation
Working at SimpliSafe:
At Simplisafe, we place an emphasis on a ‘no-ego’, collaborative culture and we have recently been named a 'Top Place to Work' in 2021 by the Boston Business Journal. From the top down, we all work together to solve the difficult challenges within the home security and IoT industries. Like our products, we are constantly evolving to provide the best employment experience possible. If Simplisafe sounds like a company you’d enjoy working for, we’d love to hear from you!
Benefits & Perks:
- Health, dental and vision coverage - We offer excellent BCBS HMO/PPO Health plans
- Unlimited paid time off - To give you the flexibility and work/life balance you seek
- 401k Matching and Company Equity - To help you prepare for the future
- Commuter Pre-Tax Benefits - To help cover the costs of transportation and parking at our Downtown Boston HQ
- And many more!