SimpliSafe is seeking a Staff Accountant to help our accounting team accelerate and streamline our accounting and month end closes processes. In this position, you will be responsible for maintaining financial records and reports, performing account reconciliations and assisting with our monthly, quarterly and year-end close processes. This is a great opportunity to gain experience in a fast paced, high growth company where new ideas and process improvements are highly encouraged. This position will report to the Senior Accountant and be a visible role throughout the organization.
Note: This role is remote with travel to the office as needed.
In this role you will:
- Maintain Opex related balance sheet reconciliations and propose adjusting entries were necessary
- Oversee accrual reporting for accounts payable vendors to meet reporting deadlines
- Review financial statements, departmental spend and budget reports to ensure transactions are recorded in compliance with U.S. GAAP
- Book and review journal entries as an essential member of the monthly close process
- Perform monthly bank reconciliations in accounting software
- Review weekly payment batches and assist the accounting team in creating cash flow projections
- Document processes for relevant tasks while improving processes where applicable
- Maintain accurate records of all documents to comply with review for management and external auditors
- Work alongside other functions to assist with ad hoc projects (Tax, Procurement, FP&A, etc.)
You are a passionate accountant with a thirst for process improvement that is motivated by working with a collaborative team striving to build a high-class accounting function.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- 2+ years of experience in corporate accounting at a public company and/or audit firm
- Intermediate to advanced MS Excel skills
- Basic understanding of US GAAP
- Resourceful self-starter, with strong problem-solving skills
- Strong organizational skills; ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment
- Ability to effectively and professionally communicate, both in writing and verbally, with management and vendors
- Experience with Netsuite and/or Coupa is a plus