Offline Media Marketing Manager
SimpliSafe is a growing home technology company in Boston on a mission to Make Every Home Secure. SimpliSafe is currently seeking a data-driven Offline Media Marketing expert to join our team in Boston. You will own the strategy, execution, and management of offline campaigns to drive customer acquisition, as well as manage and develop junior media buyers.
In this role, you will be responsible for one of the largest media budgets in the industry, with a massive presence in linear TV, OTT, streaming video, radio, digital audio, mail, and influencers. You will work with an experienced team that has negotiated a Super Bowl by themselves, was a pioneer in podcast advertising and is now one of the biggest podcast advertisers in America. You will work with a hungry team, buying mostly in-house, that has been battling industry behemoths ADT, Google and Amazon for a decade – and winning.
You are an analytical thinker, with the drive to win and the flexibility to accommodate our evolving business needs. Being able to set up, analyze, optimize, and grow offline advertising campaigns that drive sales as well as awareness and perceptions will be critical. Your work will directly influence how we reach more consumers to let them know there’s a better, smarter, and more affordable way to protect their families and their homes.
What you’ll do:
- Personally manage all aspects of our offline media channels to acquire new customers and grow brand awareness
- Be responsible for the performance of one of the largest TV budgets in the industry and one of the largest podcast budgets in America
- Negotiate multi-million dollar media deals and manage agency relationships
- Develop and manage talent
- Plan, buy and drive execution to continuously evolve strategic recommendations based on data-driven insights
- Partner cross-functionally across the organization to develop strategies & programs that will drive larger scale awareness, acquisition and activation
- Work closely with the creative strategy team, PR team, and others to drive efficient growth
What you’ll need to be successful:
- Detailed understanding of at least one, preferably more of the major offline channels, including TV, podcast, radio, and influencer
- Analytical, data-driven, curious, with strong critical thinking skills
- Excellent communication, collaboration, and organizational skills with meticulous attention to detail
- Entrepreneurial, competitive mindset
- A no-ego, humble attitude
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3-5 years experience in offline media buying with an advertiser or agency
SimpliSafe is a leading innovator in the home security industry with one mission: to make every home secure.
We believe in democratizing home safety. As our co-founder Chad Laurans aptly put it, “You shouldn’t have to ask for permission to secure your home. You should be able to do it yourself.”
SimpliSafe protects over 3 million Americans and we’re growing at a rapid pace. We pride ourselves in being daring innovators, humble cooperators, and data-driven thinkers. We go wherever the best idea leads us, work selflessly to get the best outcomes for our customers, and constantly analyze & reevaluate our efforts.
At Simplisafe, we place an emphasis on a ‘no-ego’, collaborative culture. From the top down, we all work together to solve the difficult challenges within the home security and IoT industry. Like our products, we are constantly evolving to provide the best employment experience possible. If Simplisafe sounds like a company you’d enjoy working for, we’d love to hear from you!