IT Engineer - Weekend Overnights
SimpliSafe, who we are:
At SimpliSafe, we design, develop, manufacture, and sell our own line of wireless, connected home security systems: home sensors, cameras, and locks. Our technology and service platform secures the homes of millions of Americans without the hassles, long term contracts, or fees of traditional Home Security.
Protecting our customers and their families is a tremendous responsibility, and supporting our growing internal user base is an integral part of that mission. We’re looking for a Junior IT Engineer to join our team. In this opportunity you will have a chance to be part of the immense growth within SimpliSafe’s 24x7x365 Internal Monitoring Center (IMC) in Richmond, Virginia.
In this role, you will:
- Assist with all IT-related concerns in order to support both a successful launch and the continued success of a rapid-growth office
- Deliver utmost customer service while responding to and resolving technical issues
- Utilize excellent communication skills to partner with stakeholders, resolve technical issues, and collaborate with our IT and Network teams
- Ability to work Weekend Overnight from Friday to Sunday from 12am to 12pm
- Ability to work on-call rotation.
- Have a customer first attitude
- Have at least 5 years of IT experience
- Take ownership and deliver minor projects
- Be flexible and comfortable adapting to different technologies
- Possess both self-direction to work autonomously and a humble, team-player mindset
- Have exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Be able to triage and re-prioritize on the fly when things come up
- Possess a foundational understanding of networking, wifi, and servers
- Utilize a collaborative, thoughtful, friendly approach to customer service: as an IT Engineer, you’re eager to help an end user in need, however difficult (or simple!) the problem might be.
- Enjoy, and have enthusiasm for, continued learning and growth
- Be willing to pitch in- whether it is snaking cables through walls, fixing keyboards, or challenging technical projects
Specifically, our ideal candidate will have some experience (or knowledge of):
- Supporting Mac, Windows, and Chrome environments
- Navigating G Suite and other SaaS administration
- Working with 3rd-party vendors/services/carriers
Benefits & Perks:
- Health, dental and vision coverage - We cover roughly 80% of plans and offer excellent BCBS HMO/PPO Health plans
- Unlimited paid time off - To give you the flexibility and work/life balance you seek
- 401k Matching - To help you prepare for the future