Senior Manager, Learning & Development
SimpliSafe is a leading innovator in the home security industry with one mission: to make every home secure. We believe in democratizing home safety. As our co-founder Chad Laurans aptly put it, “you shouldn’t have to ask for permission to secure your home. You should be able to do it yourself.”
We are seeking an experienced Senior Manager, Learning and Development to develop a learning and development strategy that supports our overall company and people team goals, helps build a culture of feedback and development, enhances the skill set of our leaders and managers, and amplifies the company’s vision, mission and strategy. This role will also support our overall talent management strategy and activities. We’re looking for a relationship builder who is proficient at program design, program management, coaching and facilitation.
What You'll Do:
- Develop a learning and development strategy and programs to support key People team and global company-wide efforts to attract, retain and grow employees.
- Lead our learning & development function including the design and execution of onboarding, career development, and leadership development programs.
- Partner with organizational leadership and People Partners to ensure a comprehensive and well-rounded learning program––and to create development initiatives that are aligned with employee development, leadership, culture, and DEI.
- Lead team of producers and coordinators and shepherd development and growth opportunities
- Oversee the development of innovative manager development programs––including new manager training, online resources, toolkits and mentorship programs––that align with our talent management roadmap.
- Design and facilitate a Manager Fundamentals curriculum and courses for new people managers that align to the overall learning and development strategy.
- Build communication processes to ensure consistent and clear communication.
- Implement company-wide LMS and build out relevant modules.
- Work with Legal and HR to build compliance training.
What You’ll Bring:
- 8+ years of professional work experience in Learning and / or Organizational Development
- Ability to build and lead organization-wide initiatives
- Strong collaboration, partnering and communication skills
- Strong bias to action that is comfortable within a test and learn environment and while also understanding the value of planning and follow through
- Proven expertise in curriculum design and development and ability to develop and coach team members to develop high quality learning programs
- Excellent facilitation skills and training experience that you can develop in team members and organizational partners
- Leader with a growth mentality and ability to adapt and lead in a rapidly changing environment
- Ability to prioritize multiple, large-scale initiatives simultaneously
- Shown efficacy handling diverse partners including executives, employee groups, external vendors, & consultants
- Proven success building and implementing programs that inform and delight team members
- Strong project management skills and the proven ability to balance multiple assignments in a fast-paced environment
What Values You’ll Share:
- Customer Obsessed - Building deep empathy for customers and developing strong, long-term relationships with them.
- Aim High - Always challenging oneself and others to raise the bar.
- No Ego - “no job too small” attitude, and open, inclusive and humble style.
- One Team - highly collaborative approach to achieving success.
- Lift As We Climb - A track record of investing in developing others and helping others succeed.
- Lean & Nimble - working with agility and efficiency to experiment in an often-ambiguous environment.