Sr. Product Designer, Ecommerce
SimpliSafe’s Ecommerce team is looking for a Sr. Manager of Product Design to build and lead a team of talented designers and researchers. You will partner with cross-functional leaders to design and build world-class web/mobile experiences. As a hands-on leader, you’ll help the team iterate faster and improve their craft. The ideal candidate has experience leading a team that has built and optimized a polished D2C experience in a conversion-focused, experimentation-centered environment.
What You’ll Do
- Build and nurture a team of fantastic product designers and researchers
- Increase velocity of design output while maintaining a high bar for quality
- Cultivate a collaborative culture and a healthy team environment
- Partner closely with cross-functional stakeholders across Ecommerce Product Management, Engineering and Analytics to influence product strategy, provide a vision for our future experiences and improve day-to-day processes
- Be a vocal advocate of the design system and contribute to its maintenance and growth
- Keep your team grounded in user research and focused on solving user challenges
- Align closely with the brand team and internal design teams to ensure consistency across channels
What You’ll Need
- 7+ years of digital product design experience, with significant experience in D2C at a company where the majority of sales came through their website
- 3+ years managing an in-house product design team
- Track record of producing data-informed, effective UX that delivers measurable outcomes for the customer and the business
- Experience in an experimentation(a/b testing)-focused environment
- Track record of attracting, retaining, and up-leveling high-performing design teams
- Experience partnering with product, engineering, and analytics teams to craft product strategy
- Highly skilled in Sketch and/or Figma
- Experience building and improving a design system and streamlining the partnership between design and front-end dev
- Familiarity with WCAG 2.0 accessibility standards
- Excellent verbal and written communication and storytelling skills
- A portfolio showcasing the end-to-end design process, from inception to production. Should highlight your approach to problem solving and ideally demonstrate experience achieving business outcomes with research, user experience, visual design, and interaction design
SimpliSafe is a leading innovator in the home security industry with one mission: to make every home secure.
We believe in democratizing home safety. As our co-founder Chad Laurans aptly put it, “You shouldn’t have to ask for permission to secure your home. You should be able to do it yourself.”
SimpliSafe protects over 3 million Americans and we’re growing at a rapid pace. We pride ourselves in being daring innovators, humble cooperators, and data-driven thinkers. We go wherever the best idea leads us, work selflessly to get the best outcomes for our customers, and constantly analyze & reevaluate our efforts.
At Simplisafe, we place an emphasis on a ‘no-ego’, collaborative culture. From the top down, we all work together to solve the difficult challenges within the home security and IoT industry. Like our products, we are constantly evolving to provide the best employment experience possible. If Simplisafe sounds like a company you’d enjoy working for, we’d love to hear from you!
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Likewise, we are committed to full support of qualified individuals in hiring and employment. In keeping with this commitment, we will work with qualified individuals with disabilities to assess whether a reasonable accommodation may be provided to perform the essential functions of their role, absent undue hardship. If a reasonable accommodation may be needed to fully participate in the job application or interview process, to perform the essential functions of a position, or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.