SimpliSafe is a leading innovator in the home security industry with one mission: to make every home secure.We believe in democratizing home safety. As our co-founder Chad Laurans aptly put it, “you shouldn’t have to ask for permission to secure your home. You should be able to do it yourself.”SimpliSafe protects over 3 million Americans and we’re growing at a rapid pace. We pride ourselves in being daring innovators, humble cooperators, and data-driven thinkers. We go wherever the best idea leads us, work selflessly to get the best outcomes for our customers, and constantly analyze & reevaluate our efforts.SimpliSafe has a range of opportunities for like-minded individuals, from our US and UK corporate offices to our warehouses and customer service centers.
SimpliSafe is looking for a Payroll Specialist who will primarily be responsible for all day-to-day payroll activities along with assisting the Payroll Manager on special projects. The Payroll Specialist will report to the Payroll Manager.
In this role you will:
- Ensure accurate, timely and efficient processing, calculating and payment of bi-weekly payrolls using UKG.
- Review and maintain non-exempt employee timesheets on a weekly basis in Kronos.
- Communicate and work closely with various Supervisors and Managers regarding employee’s timekeeping and attendance tracking.
- Ensure the Biweekly payrolls are processed timely and accurately.
- Prepare Manual Checks during off-cycle periods.
- Respond to employee’s and various Management’s queries requesting information in a timely manner.
- Run reports and spreadsheets as required.
- Assist in periodic assignments as necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Help administer all aspects of the Company’s equity program, ensuring that all new grants, equity transactions, tax withholdings and repurchases are accurately processed and reconciled
- Serve as the liaison between HR and Finance on all basic equity matters, assisting the Finance team with stock-related disclosures, audit requests, stock-based compensation expense, etc.
- Ensure all required equity transaction data is reported on employee W2s on a timely basis
- Manage the equity admin email box to assist with most employee equity administration inquiries
- Act as administrator of the Company’s equity administration platform.
You are a collaborative, intellectually quick self-starter. You are very detail oriented and have very good organizational skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Accounting OR multiple years in a similar Payroll position.
- 5-7 years of payroll experience.
- 1-2+ years of equity administration experience, with technology platform (e.g. Shareworks) experience a plus
- Experience with UKG (UltiPro/Kronos) and NetSuite preferred.
- Experience with multi-state payroll a plus.
- Strong system and data flow knowledge; ability to learn and adapt to new flows and software technologies.
- Ability to multitask and stay organized in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to review own work for quality and completeness.
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to multi-task.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and strong organization skills.
- Flexible and ability to adapt as the Company grows.
- Must be a team player with strong interpersonal skills and customer service attitude.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality when handling sensitive and confidential information
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Likewise, we are committed to full support of qualified individuals in hiring and employment. In keeping with this commitment, we will work with qualified individuals with disabilities to assess whether a reasonable accommodation may be provided to perform the essential functions of their role, absent undue hardship. If a reasonable accommodation may be needed to fully participate in the job application or interview process, to perform the essential functions of a position, or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.