Senior Product Manager, Hardware
We are …
a team of designers, strategists, engineers, writers, researchers and product folks based in downtown Boston. Over the past ten years, we’ve quietly transformed home security from an outdated, unfriendly industry to something elegant, thoughtful, and beautifully designed. We put our customers at the center of everything we do. We care deeply about their experience and we constantly try to delight them with innovative products and services that are fairly priced. Our top ratings in the App/Play store are a clear validation of our commitment to customer experience. Plus, CNET, the Wirecutter and PCMag all named us their Editors’ Choice for home security.
The Job …
Cameras are the fastest growing category in Smart Home. Cameras supercharged with Computer Vision (CV) are transforming home security and SimpliSafe is at the forefront. As Senior Product Manager for Cameras Experience, you will help SimpliSafe stay ahead and continue to lead this transformation.
To succeed, you’ll need initiative, resilience, and a customer-first mindset. The ideal candidate for this role would have a strong track record of shipping and iterating on software products that are full stack (firmware-cloud-app). You have an entrepreneurial mindset, aren’t afraid to make decisions and have a passion for technology. In addition to developing the roadmap and setting high level strategy, you are also able to roll up your sleeves and get the job done. You’ll make your decisions by diving deep into the data whenever possible, but be comfortable in the face of ambiguity to take calculated leaps of faith. You are also able to effectively communicate with leaders at all levels.
Your responsibilities include:
- Own customer facing KPIs/metrics that impact the experience customers have with our cameras and computer vision based features
- Own the strategy and roadmap that defines SimpliSafe’s camera experience
- Develop a deep understanding of our customers
- Assess competitors and technology trends
- Research and write detailed requirements that effectively capture the vision and business case for new features and improvements
- Lead the engineering and design teams in making decisions that balance cost, timeline, and customer benefit
- Work with the customer service and marketing teams to release new features and OTA’s.
You’ve got ..
- Bachelor's Degree in a technical discipline (engineering or science)
- Advanced degree (MS / MBA) strongly preferred
- 3+ years of experience in roles related to Product Management
- Experience working with full stack software (firmware, cloud & apps)
- Knowledge of computer vision and machine learning algorithms and their applications
- Passion for consumer products, especially electronics, apps, and smart home
- KPI/Data-driven mindset
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves and Get Things Done
- Strong writing ability, presentation and verbal communication skills.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Likewise, we are committed to full support of qualified individuals in hiring and employment. In keeping with this commitment, we will work with qualified individuals with disabilities to assess whether a reasonable accommodation may be provided to perform the essential functions of their role, absent undue hardship. If a reasonable accommodation may be needed to fully participate in the job application or interview process, to perform the essential functions of a position, or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact email@example.com.