Digital Content Specialist
SimpliSafe is a leading innovator in the home security industry with one mission: To Make Every Home Secure. Founded in 2006, SimpliSafe is based in the heart of Boston, Massachusetts. SimpliSafe is ushering in a new era, one where anyone anywhere can have a security system that is not only simple but also on the cutting edge. SimpliSafe protects over 3 million Americans and we’re growing at a rapid pace.
This position will assist with driving the online content strategy for the SimpliSafe support site. The right candidate will have strong written skills and an innovative spirit in the pursuit of providing the best Digital Customer support possible through enhancing our online content experience. This role will be responsible for facilitation and moderation of the SimpliSafe customer community (forum), and create content for the Digital Help Center. The Digital Content Specialist is the SimpliSafe voice in digital space, providing value to the company through knowledge sharing (product/service/feature requests, issue resolution, etc).
This cross functional role will partner across departments within SimpliSafe to build and scale online content through our knowledge and our community to support customers. Our Digital team's roadmap and commitment to excellence is ambitious, and we need someone with an enablement oriented mindset and content writing expertise to help make it happen!
- Execute content strategy to support new and ongoing initiatives
- Author, edit, revise and publish customer facing technical, product, and policy documentation within our Help Center and other digital assets.
- Work with subject matter experts and stakeholders across the business to ensure that content is up to date, accurate, aligned with brand messaging and accessible through the most appropriate channel
- Use data to evaluate content effectiveness and identify opportunities
- Moderate and respond to user activity in the Customer Community forum, ensuring all questions are answered and issues are resolved
- Manage the Customer Community in a way that establishes relationships and community among the brand and its user base
- Facilitate conversations between community users and manage relationships with community superusers
- Support measurement and reporting on forum’s success
- Assist in crisis response both on the customer community, help center, and other digital care channels, as needed
- 3+ years content creation/ writing experience
- Service mindset- the customer experience is at the center of everything we do
- Ability to work collaboratively and cross functionally to complete tasks and projects
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects and communicate timelines, challenges, and opportunities
- Ability to build strong relationships with SMEs, cross functional partners, and stakeholders
- A storyteller with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong critical thinking and creative problem solving skills
- Comfortable challenging norms and questioning existing processes
- Confidence presenting and tailoring messaging to a variety of audiences
- Experience with a Saas Customer Engagement Platform is a plus
What Values You’ll Share:
- Customer Obsessed - Building deep empathy for customers and developing strong, long-term relationships with them.
- Aim High - Always challenging oneself and others to raise the bar.
- No Ego - “no job too small” attitude, and open, inclusive and humble style.
- One Team - highly collaborative approach to achieving success.
- Lift As We Climb - A track record of investing in developing others and helping others succeed.
- Lean & Nimble - working with agility and efficiency to experiment in an often-ambiguous environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Likewise, we are committed to full support of qualified individuals in hiring and employment. In keeping with this commitment, we will work with qualified individuals with disabilities to assess whether a reasonable accommodation may be provided to perform the essential functions of their role, absent undue hardship. If a reasonable accommodation may be needed to fully participate in the job application or interview process, to perform the essential functions of a position, or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact email@example.com.