Software Engineer II
SimpliSafe's Video/Media & AI team develops and maintains a microservices architecture for video recording/playback and is looking for top-notch Software Engineers to join our team. Our services are built mainly in Node.js (with some smaller services in python/go) with a backend mostly in mongodb (mix of on prem and AWS technologies including KVS and EKS), so experience with that is certainly preferred, but not required.
The work this team is doing will allow us to deliver more products, and more features faster than ever before and will help us support those products and services in a user base that is projected to double every 3 years.
In this role, you will:
- Build solutions from their inception through to production - from design, development, testing and deployment.
- Work with product owners to understand their needs and deliver solutions in a test and learn approach.
- Work on microservices which are:
- Small, and independent
- Easy to learn, change, extend
- Enable self-service by service users
- Extensive professional experience (5+ years) writing web services at scale using one of Nodejs, Python, PHP, Ruby, Java, C#, or C++.
- Working familiarity with at least one other language and a willingness to work in a polyglot development environment.
- Thorough understanding of REST/grpc and web technology.
- Experience with cloud technology (AWS preferred) and designing solutions that leverage its unique advantages.
- Collaborative mindset and a passion for technology and learning. Enjoys mentoring teammates and helping everyone perform better.
- Practitioner of lean or agile software development principles and practices, understanding and advocating the importance of test automation, continuous delivery, continuous improvement, and value delivery.
- Nice to haves:
- Experience with terraform
- Experience with go
- Experience with python
- Experience with AI
- Experience with video / media processing (encoding/decoding, streaming, codecs, ffmpeg, etc.)
If you enjoy working in a challenging environment and want the opportunity to build something brand new, we want to talk!
At Simplisafe, we place an emphasis on a ‘no-ego’, collaborative culture. From the top down, we all work together to solve the difficult challenges within the home security and IoT industry. We have recently been named in Built In Boston’s ‘Best Places to Work in 2019’ list and in Wealthfront’s ‘2019 Career Launching Companies’ list. Like our products, we are constantly evolving to provide the best employment experience possible. If Simplisafe sounds like a company you’d enjoy working for, we’d love to hear from you!
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Likewise, we are committed to full support of qualified individuals in hiring and employment. In keeping with this commitment, we will work with qualified individuals with disabilities to assess whether a reasonable accommodation may be provided to perform the essential functions of their role, absent undue hardship. If a reasonable accommodation may be needed to fully participate in the job application or interview process, to perform the essential functions of a position, or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.