Sr. Digital Designer, Social
The Digital Designer will be part of a team that drives the creative vision for SimpliSafe. Working closely with the Brand Creative Director and the Brand Design Lead this individual will leverage their digital design expertise and our brand identity to create on-brand, compelling, and effective creative that connects to our consumers through measured success. You know that the heart of good design is identifying a problem your audience has and using the tools of creativity and your gut for communication you can help solve that problem, influence their desire and even change their behavior. You approach every project with a desire to delight your audience.
As a Direct-to-Consumer startup we disrupted a category and built our business on the strength of smart and effective direct response, and we don't intend to stop any time soon. But we are growing and we need people like you.
Who We are
SimpliSafe home security protects over 3 million Americans and we’re growing at a rapid pace. We pride ourselves on being daring innovators, humble cooperators, data-driven thinkers with creative intuition. We go wherever the best idea leads us, work selflessly to get the best outcomes for our customers, and constantly analyze & reevaluate our efforts. Then we do it all over again.
What you'll do
- Design for paid and organic digital channels - Facebook, Instagram, Nextdoor, YouTube etc.
- Collaborate with copywriters and internal clients.
- Work autonomously but definitely part of a team.
- Play a significant role in social paid optimization.
- Stay current and knowledgeable in the areas of direct response marketing and interactive design. Hopefully you'll even teach us some things.
- Work autonomously and collaboratively
- Ability to be self-directed, self-motivated, organized and disciplined and above all - hungry.
- Be good at what you do and be someone who others enjoy working with.
What you'll need
- BA/BS in Design or related field
- 4+ years of Design experience working in-house at a D2C brand, or similar experience in an agency.
- Advanced command of Adobe Suite: InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop and After Effects for motion graphics needs.
- Genuine interest in emerging technology, pop culture, internet trends and staying on top of content distribution channels, and paid social formats.
- Thorough understanding of all social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, Snapchat, Pinterest, YouTube etc), their technical requirements and best practices.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment.
To be considered, please provide a link to your online portfolio in addition to your resume.
At SimpliSafe, we place an emphasis on a ‘no-ego’, collaborative culture. From the top down, we all work together to solve the difficult challenges within the home security and IoT industry. Like our products, we are constantly evolving to provide the best employment experience possible. If SimpliSafe sounds like a company you’d enjoy working for, we’d love to hear from you.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Likewise, we are committed to full support of qualified individuals in hiring and employment. In keeping with this commitment, we will work with qualified individuals with disabilities to assess whether a reasonable accommodation may be provided to perform the essential functions of their role, absent undue hardship. If a reasonable accommodation may be needed to fully participate in the job application or interview process, to perform the essential functions of a position, or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact email@example.com.