The Designer will be part of a team that drives the creative vision for SimpliSafe. Working closely with the Brand Creative Director and the Brand Design Lead this individual will leverage their design expertise and our brand identity to create on-brand, compelling, and effective creative that connects to our consumers across a variety of channels. You know that the heart of good design is identifying a problem your audience has and using the tools of creativity and your gut for communication you can help solve that problem, influence their desire and even change their behavior. You approach every project with a desire to delight your audience.
Overall, you’re inquisitive, collaborative, conceptual, and of course, just an amazing designer. And you’ll be a valued partner on a dynamic team.
Who We are
SimpliSafe home security protects over 3 million Americans and we’re growing at a rapid pace. We pride ourselves on being daring innovators, humble cooperators, data-driven thinkers with creative intuition. We go wherever the best idea leads us, work selflessly to get the best outcomes for our customers, and constantly analyze & reevaluate our efforts. Then we do it all over again.
What you'll do
- Use your skill, experience and passion for design to evolve and hone our brand identity
- Create intuitive, efficient, and delightful experiences for customers
- Design for paid/organic social, print, packaging, brand activations and video.
- Collaborate with Copywriters and client partners.
- Work autonomously but definitely part of a team.
- Ability to be self-directed, self-motivated, organized and disciplined and above all - hungry.
- Be good at what you do and be someone who others enjoy working with.
What you'll need
- BA/BS in Design or related field
- A solid portfolio demonstrating a variety of work.
- 2-3 years of Design/Art Direction experience in all mediums
- Advanced command of Adobe Suite. After effects and motion graphics ability are a plus.
- Excellent conceptual skills demonstrating an ability to execute engaging Design
- Zero-ego, collaborative, kind and hard-working.
- The flexibility to adjust to changing priorities
- The ability to back up your design recommendations with strategic rationale.
To be considered, please provide a link to your online portfolio in addition to your resume.
At SimpliSafe, we place an emphasis on a ‘no-ego’, collaborative culture. From the top down, we all work together to solve the difficult challenges within the home security and IoT industry. Like our products, we are constantly evolving to provide the best employment experience possible. If SimpliSafe sounds like a company you’d enjoy working for, we’d love to hear from you.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Likewise, we are committed to full support of qualified individuals in hiring and employment. In keeping with this commitment, we will work with qualified individuals with disabilities to assess whether a reasonable accommodation may be provided to perform the essential functions of their role, absent undue hardship. If a reasonable accommodation may be needed to fully participate in the job application or interview process, to perform the essential functions of a position, or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.