Manager - Training
SimpliSafe is looking for a Training Manager to drive facilitation excellence across our internal and partner training teams. In this role, you will be responsible for overall training facilitation excellence and workshop development, teaching and reinforcing our behavioral based customer engagement model and driving improvements to key metrics while utilizing proven adult learning techniques and methodologies. Responsible for a multi-location team of Frontline Trainers, the Training Manager will play a crucial role in furthering SimpliSafe’s customer centric service model, with shared responsibility for driving measurement, adherence and iteration across the full enterprise.
What You’ll Do
- Manage, coach and develop a multi-location six person frontline training team designed to ensure SimpiSafe’s customer experience is consistent across all agents and customer touch points
- Utilize adult learning principles to build and iterate upon New Hire, Upskill and Ongoing training needs
- Set the example for what “Best in Class” training facilitation and workshop development should look like inclusive of post training surveys and feedback loops
- Own the training relationship with our 3rd party (BPO) partners, creating a sustainable and scalable Train the Trainer (T3) process inclusive of trainer observation and coaching
- Partner with Contact Center Leadership across all customer engagement channels (Sales, Retention, CS, Tech, Email)
- Work with all parts of the Contact Center Enablement team (Instructional Design, Content Creation, LMS/CMS, QA) to design and implement learning paths tied back to measurable business objectives
What You’ll Bring
- Preferred 5+ years in a Training or Coaching/Management role with increasing levels of responsibility as a people leader in a multi-site/multi-channel contact center environment. Prior experience in a customer facing role (Sales, CS, Retention…) is a plus
- Knowledge of adult learning methodologies, instructional design, and curriculum development
- Familiarity with best in class Learning and Content Management tools and principles
- Proven ability to coach, teach and develop teams
- Ability to set priorities and execute work in a fast-paced environment
- Driven, energetic, self-assured professional with high personal integrity
- Strong communication (verbal and written), presentation, and project management skills
- Ability to develop effective, positive interpersonal relationships
- No ego, no job too small attitude
What Values You’ll Share:
- Customer Obsessed - Building deep empathy for customers and developing strong, long-term relationships with them.
- Aim High - Always challenging oneself and others to raise the bar.
- No Ego - “no job too small” attitude, and open, inclusive and humble style.
- One Team - highly collaborative approach to achieving success.
- Lift As We Climb - A track record of investing in developing others and helping others succeed.
- Lean & Nimble - working with agility and efficiency to experiment in an often-ambiguous environment.
Must be eligible for certification as an electronic security employee, which requires submitting your fingerprints to the Virginia Department of Criminal Justice Services (DCJS) for use in conducting a national criminal records search and a Virginia criminal history search and final certification approval from DCJS.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Likewise, we are committed to full support of qualified individuals in hiring and employment. In keeping with this commitment, we will work with qualified individuals with disabilities to assess whether a reasonable accommodation may be provided to perform the essential functions of their role, absent undue hardship. If a reasonable accommodation may be needed to fully participate in the job application or interview process, to perform the essential functions of a position, or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact email@example.com.