Software Engineer II
SimpliSafe is looking for a Senior Full Stack Developer to join the Enterprise Information team to help us grow our new E-Commerce Platform.
As a Full Stack Developer you will:
- Build solutions for our e-commerce platform including design, development, testing, and deployment
- Use the best tools for the job; creating right-sized, tested, and reliable services to meet the needs of the customers and co-workers
- Work with marketing teams to ensure a high quality, fast, and easy online shopping experience for our customers
- Create CRM tools that support teams use to help our customers with purchases and service
- Work with operations teams to communicate with fulfillment and shipping services that power our warehouses
- Build reporting services and self-service internal tools for use by others to grow SimpliSafe’s capabilities
- 5+ years of industry experience
- Knowledge of REST and modern web technologies
- Experience developing server-side web applications
- Experience working with Node.js or PHP with an interest in serverless REST APIs
- Experience working in the cloud (AWS preferred) with scalable services and architecture
- React (preferred)
- Knowledge of SQL
- Love building new things as well as integrating with existing data and systems
- A collaborative team player
- Agile team experience with an interest in continuous delivery of high quality software
- Comfortable with the command line wherever it resides
Nice to have skills:
- Infrastructure as code and DevOps experience
- Knowledge of functional programming concepts
- Knowledge of containerization including Docker, Kubernetes, or ECS
We are a technology start-up growing in the heart of Boston, but with an international footprint. We design, manufacture, and sell a line of wireless home security systems. Our technology and service platform is giving millions of Americans the ability to protect their homes and families without the hassles, contracts and fees charged by traditional home security.
At Simplisafe, we place an emphasis on a ‘no-ego’, collaborative culture. From the top down, we all work together to solve the difficult challenges within the home security and IoT industry.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Likewise, we are committed to full support of qualified individuals in hiring and employment. In keeping with this commitment, we will work with qualified individuals with disabilities to assess whether a reasonable accommodation may be provided to perform the essential functions of their role, absent undue hardship. If a reasonable accommodation may be needed to fully participate in the job application or interview process, to perform the essential functions of a position, or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.