Senior FP&A Analyst
SimpliSafe is a leading innovator in the DIY security industry with one mission: to make every home secure. We believe in democratizing home safety. As our co-founder Chad Laurans aptly put it, “You shouldn’t have to ask permission to secure your home. You should be able to do it yourself.”
SimpliSafe protects over 3 million Americans and we pride ourselves in being daring innovators, humble cooperators, and data driven thinkers. We go wherever the best idea leads us, work selflessly to get the best outcomes for our customers, and constantly analyze & reevaluate our efforts.
To support this mission, SimpliSafe is seeking a highly motivated, self-starting FP&A Senior Analyst to help us professionalize our FP&A processes and tools. This person will look to leverage best practices of world-class FP&A functions, tailoring these to meet SimpliSafe’s needs as a fast-growing, agile company. The ideal candidate will enjoy rolling up their sleeves…No job can be too big or too small for the team driving strategic insight when you’re changing the industry!
In this role, you will have the opportunity to contribute directly to our growth and help provide direction to our organization. You will join a small but growing FP&A team and will interact directly with cross functional groups and executive leadership. Your primary stakeholders will be our Growth organization. This is a unique opportunity to be part of a business-critical function in a hyper growth, private equity backed company.
- Work with company leadership to define, measure, and optimize financial success as we continue to deliver on our mission of “every home secure”
- Form trusted advisory relationships with our Growth organization business partners and help manage budgets and performance of ourtopline growth and profitability targets
- Assist in developing analytical models and recommendations to aid in decision making
- With your in-depth knowledge of the business you support and enable, proactively look for ways to identify and deliver incremental value creation, e.g., cost savings, revenue growth, and share capture
- Support development of the FP&A function, helping to chart the path for growth as we build a world-class FP&A organization
- Assist in preparation of performance reporting packages for key stakeholders
Desired Skills and Experience:
- 2-4 years of experience in a Financial Planning & Analysis role. Investment banking, private equity, and/or consulting experience a plus
- Prior experience with consumer products / technology, subscription revenue models, ecommerce, and/or supply chains will be valued
- Demonstrated ability to excel in a fast-paced environment and capacity to efficiently and accurately produce and clearly communicate financial analyses
- Rigorous attention to detail and excellent organization skills; takes a thoughtful approach to auditing own and others’ work; comfortable producing error-free work product for senior / executive level stakeholders
- Strong financial modeling skills:Experience with budget / forecast development, establishing KPIs to define success, and profitability & unit economics analyses is ideal
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Excel & PowerPoint, financial modeling, and data analysis
- Strong understanding of GAAP accounting and financial statement modeling
- Team player with an exceptional work ethic, intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem solving
- Bachelor’s degree
What Values You’ll Share:
- Customer Obsessed - Building deep empathy for customers and developing strong, long-term relationships with them.
- Aim High - Always challenging oneself and others to raise the bar.
- No Ego - “no job too small” attitude, and open, inclusive and humble style.
- One Team - highly collaborative approach to achieving success.
- Lift As We Climb - A track record of investing in developing others and helping others succeed.
- Lean & Nimble - working with agility and efficiency to experiment in an often-ambiguous environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Likewise, we are committed to full support of qualified individuals in hiring and employment. In keeping with this commitment, we will work with qualified individuals with disabilities to assess whether a reasonable accommodation may be provided to perform the essential functions of their role, absent undue hardship. If a reasonable accommodation may be needed to fully participate in the job application or interview process, to perform the essential functions of a position, or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact email@example.com.