Sr. Manufacturing Operations Leader
SimpliSafe is seeking a Sr. Manufacturing Operations Manager to join the Boston development and manufacturing team of our award-winning wireless/IoT home security system. You will coach and mentor your team who work with internal and external teams to lead the product development activities, contract manufacturing operations, and continuous improvement. In this leadership role, you will coach and mentor the team, enabling the team to achieve the team goals.
What You'll Do:
- Maintain operational oversight of, and troubleshooting support to ensure all deliverables meet or exceed our requirements (including but not limited to successful execution of manufacturing operations, on-time shipments, quality compliance and cost management).
- Lead a team that works closely with the SimpliSafe development team and the external JDM/EMS/CM/Supplier teams to align the roles and responsibilities between the teams and ensure that the teams are properly integrated to achieve their deliverables
- Ensure our team actively manages the product development schedule from program kick-off through manufacturing ramp and ensure that all requirements from internal and external partners are considered
- Develop and manage the program budgets including NRE, tooling, production line equipment, prototype builds, and qualification and compliance costs
- Ensure our teams are using manufacturability and assembly analysis tools and software to aid in the analysis and improvement of designs.
- Ensure our teams work with suppliers and manufacturers to architect and develop assembly processes and tests for critical components and assemblies.
- Evaluate existing design and assemblies for the use of automation. Architect and specify critical design aspects that will define automation design requirements.
- Act as the point of accountability and the voice of the program by communicating the state of the program and the program risks and issues to senior management
- Contribute to and drive continuous improvement in our manufacturing process.
- Perform design and process risk assessments and work with the design and manufacturing teams to implement changes to reduce or eliminate the risk.
- Responsible for metrics reporting i.e. actual performance against goals and resolving problems preventing goals from being achieved.
- Work closely with product compliance to ensure our contract manufacturing remains in compliance with all applicable regulatory requirements.
What You'll Bring:
- Desired Skills and Experience:
- 10+ years in the development and manufacturing of high-volume consumer electronics
- Data-driven and results-oriented approach to problem solving
- Ability to communicate effectively to all levels of the organization
- Extensive skills in project management, schedule development and management, and budget management
- Prior experience managing external EMS and JDM partners
- Proven track record implementing design for assembly (DFA), test (DFT), manufacturing (DFM) and repair (DFR) principles into new product designs.
- Ability to develop and foster partner relationships
- Enjoy working in a highly collaborative environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Self-disciplined approach to achieve results
- Detail oriented with strong process and planning skills
- Ability to work, assess and provide guidance independently with little or no supervision, and generate ideas within areas of expertise
- Enthusiastic and motivated with the ability to build relationships
- Experience working with Asian manufacturers and traveling to manufacturing sites
- Ability to travel internationally 25%
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical, Electrical or Industrial Engineering
- Master’s degree in Engineering or Business
- Experience manufacturing in Mexico and Europe