Manager, Consumer Insights
Do you love digging into what drives consumer behavior and what it takes to build a strong brand? At SimpliSafe we are looking for curious, hands-on insights professionals to join our Growth Strategy and Market Insights team. The goal of this role is to develop insights that enrich our go-to-market strategy and creative development as we establish our recently updated brand. You will be responsible for proactively driving consumer research – both quant and qual – that will influence our in-market creative, identify solutions to consumer pain points in the shopping journey across channels, and help optimize our website. Ultimately, you will serve as a strong champion and advocate for our consumer within the marketing team.
What you’ll do:
- Own the creation and execution of marketing related - especially those brand related - research projects, including developing hypotheses, designing studies, building research tools, analyzing results and developing recommendations that drive brand growth
- Perform a mix of quantitative and qualitative consumer research and leverage the learning to drive decisions across brand strategy, including positioning, communications, and product innovation
- Understand the importance of the customer journey from awareness to commitment and loyalty and impact of full-funnel marketing
- Assess and action brand health tracking dashboard that leverages insights across teams + channels (Search, Social Sentiment, Creative Performance, traditional brand health metrics)
- Clearly articulate actions from insights to impact in-market tactics and communications, presenting to and working closely with the brand leadership team
- Drive testing using internal or external vendor partner resources to assess impact of new campaigns or in-market creative across media channels to provide insights to our creative team
- Assess key messaging as an input to research; recommend messaging updates based on insights
- Become an expert in our industry’s competitive landscape and proactively identify new opportunities based on research
- Contribute to company-wide understanding of our target consumer and how they behave
- Document and socialize consumer insights across the company, to ensure common understanding and help reinforce a culture of consumer-centricity
- Work collaboratively with other company researchers to share best practices and identify process improvements
- Focus externally on key industry trends and research best practices
What you’ll need:
- At least 5 years of quantitative and qualitative consumer research experience at a brand-driven marketing org, market research agency, or consulting firm
- Experience writing, programming and testing surveys (you will be using Qualtrics at SimpliSafe)
- Ability to work autonomously to drive research and actions; Owning and executing the full survey internally from start to finish - inclusive of defining the objectives, key questions, methodology, and overall deliverables for each research project
- Familiarity with at least some of the the following: brand health/brand lift, path to purchase/consumer journey, creative testing & performance, segmentation insights and actions
- Strong analytical skills to translate raw data into insights, and excellent communication skills to translate insights into a compelling, influential story
- A strong bias towards action, balancing quality of research with the desire to get insights quickly
- Track record of working in a fast-paced, collaborative team environment
- Comfortable presenting in front of large and executive audiences
- BA/BS degree, Master’s degree (or equivalent) a plus
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
This role is based in Boston. We offer a dynamic work model - a hybrid of in-office collaboration and remote focused work days
SimpliSafe is a leading innovator in the home security industry with one mission: to make every home secure.
We believe in democratizing home safety. As our co-founder Chad Laurans aptly put it, “You shouldn’t have to ask for permission to secure your home. You should be able to do it yourself.”
SimpliSafe protects over 3 million Americans and we’re growing at a rapid pace. We pride ourselves in being daring innovators, humble cooperators, and data-driven thinkers. We go wherever the best idea leads us, work selflessly to get the best outcomes for our consumers, and constantly analyze & reevaluate our efforts.
At SimpliSafe, we place an emphasis on a ‘no-ego’, collaborative culture. From the top down, we all work together to solve the difficult challenges within the home security and IoT industry. Like our products, we are constantly evolving to provide the best employment experience possible. If SimpliSafe sounds like a company you’d enjoy working for, we’d love to hear from you!