Director, Consumer Insights
Do you love digging into why people act the way they do, and what it takes to change behavior? We are looking to put your intellectual curiosity to work leading insights for the Marketing team. Sitting within the Marketing team, you will be responsible for proactively driving consumer research – both quant and qual – that will influence our growth strategy, brand positioning, go-to-market strategy, creative development, new business opportunities, and much more. In addition to managing your own team, you will be the champion and advocate for research across SimpliSafe, coordinating and coaching researchers across teams (Product/Design, UX, Customer Experience at SimpliSafe).
What you’ll do:
- Lead Marketing’s insights/research function; Work closely with leaders across Marketing including Growth Strategy, Brand, eCommerce, Acquisition, Retail, Partnerships to shape the business and uncover new opportunities
- Manage and develop a team of multiple researchers that report to you
- With your team, execute projects from start to finish: write the survey, code the survey in Qualtrics, field the survey through panels, analyze the data, author reports and present to stakeholders; We are an in-house team and rarely use full service vendors
- With your team, moderate consumer interviews and/or focus groups
- Experiment with new survey methodologies, question types, and statistical analyses to uncover new insights and continuously elevate the caliber of your team’s insights
- Build customer obsession across SimpliSafe by training and teaching others on key insights
- Lead a cross functional working group to coach and build knowledge-sharing with researchers across other functions
You are excited to join SimpliSafe’s collaborative, no-ego approach to getting work done. You are a creative, out-of-the-box thinker who is intellectually curious with a demonstrated interest in learning. You're self motivated, high-energy individual who can easily function in a high demand, performance-driven environment.
- At least 8 years of quantitative consumer research experience either at a corporation, market research firm or consulting firm
- Have personally written dozens of survey questionnaires
- Proven ability to manage others coding in Qualtrics or a similar platform
- Proven ability to manage teams performing statistical analysis in SPSS or similar software (e.g., drivers analyses, Max-diff, etc.)
- Desire to both manage a team and roll up your sleeves and do some projects yourself
- Strong analytical skills to translate raw data into insights, and excellent communication skills to translate insights into a compelling, influential story
- A strong bias towards action, balancing quality of research with the desire to get insights quickly
- Track record of working in a fast-paced, collaborative team environment
- Comfortable presenting in front of large and executive audiences
- BA/BS degree, Master’s degree (or equivalent) a plus
Please do not apply to this role if you have no experience working directly with data from 10+ min surveys. Please do not apply to this role if you do not wish to operate in Qualtrics (we are in the middle of a three year contract).
This role is based in Boston. We offer a dynamic work model - a hybrid of in-office collaboration and remote focused work days
SimpliSafe is a leading innovator in the home security industry with one mission: to make every home secure.
We believe in democratizing home safety. As our co-founder Chad Laurans aptly put it, “You shouldn’t have to ask for permission to secure your home. You should be able to do it yourself.”
SimpliSafe protects over 3 million Americans and we’re growing at a rapid pace. We pride ourselves in being daring innovators, humble cooperators, and data-driven thinkers. We go wherever the best idea leads us, work selflessly to get the best outcomes for our consumers, and constantly analyze & reevaluate our efforts.
At SimpliSafe, we place an emphasis on a ‘no-ego’, collaborative culture. From the top down, we all work together to solve the difficult challenges within the home security and IoT industry. Like our products, we are constantly evolving to provide the best employment experience possible. If SimpliSafe sounds like a company you’d enjoy working for, we’d love to hear from you!