SimpliSafe Finance is on a transformation journey, modernizing our financial systems, processes, and capabilities. We're looking for a Senior Accountant to help us shape our financial reporting, treasury, and financial operations capabilities. You will play a key role in our business transformation efforts as we scale and will have the opportunity to work on projects which will revamp and modernize the end-to-end accounting and financial reporting cycles. This is a fast-paced and dynamic role and will offer exposure to many different areas of accounting and finance. If you are a self-starter who enjoys working in a collaborative environment, this is an opportunity to have a high impact on a fast-growing company!
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Identify and implement process improvements to enhance the accuracy of underlying accounting records
- Partner with cross-functional teams on a regular basis to identify areas for improvement and solve problems
- Maintain and update cash flow forecasting and reporting
- Assist in the business process documentation of various end-to-end financial processes and strengthen internal quality controls
- Support accounting projects and provide technical accounting support on various business transactions and complex accounting matters
- Assist with the preparation and review of reconciliations of various general ledger accounts
- Analyze quarterly balance sheet and income statement account fluctuations and investigate with appropriate personnel as part of developing reporting for finance leadership
- Help prepare annual financial statements and provide accounting support on internal and external financial reporting projects
- Work with external auditors and prepare audit workpapers as requested
- Assist in ad hoc analysis and projects as required
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting
- 3-5 years experience in public and/or private accounting
- CPA certification and Big 4 accounting experience highly preferred
- Ability to thrive in a high growth and entrepreneurial environment where strong project management skills and the ability to juggle multiple priorities are a must
- Track record of identifying process improvements and independently driving them from identification to implementation
- An ability to hit the ground running and learn quickly; a self-starter
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong knowledge of Excel
- Experience with NetSuite, Zuora, and/or Coupa systems is a major plus
- Experience with leveraging BI and Data tools (Tableau, Alteryx, etc) preferred
What Values You’ll Share:
- Customer Obsessed - Building deep empathy for customers and developing strong, long-term relationships with them.
- Aim High - Always challenging oneself and others to raise the bar.
- No Ego - “no job too small” attitude, and open, inclusive and humble style.
- One Team - highly collaborative approach to achieving success.
- Lift As We Climb - A track record of investing in developing others and helping others succeed.
- Lean & Nimble - working with agility and efficiency to experiment in an often-ambiguous environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Likewise, we are committed to full support of qualified individuals in hiring and employment. In keeping with this commitment, we will work with qualified individuals with disabilities to assess whether a reasonable accommodation may be provided to perform the essential functions of their role, absent undue hardship. If a reasonable accommodation may be needed to fully participate in the job application or interview process, to perform the essential functions of a position, or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.