We’re a high-tech home security company that’s passionate about protecting the life you’ve built. So, we’ve created a culture here that cares just as deeply about the career you’re building. Ours is a no-ego culture of collaboration and innovation where those seeking their next challenge can find big opportunities, and make a huge impact on the lives of all those that we protect. We don’t just want you to work here. We want you to grow and thrive here.
Why are we hiring?
Well, we’re growing and thriving. So, we need smart, talented, and humble people who share our values to join us as we relentlessly pursue our goal of ensuring everyone feels safe in their own home.
SimpliSafe is looking for a Contracts Manager to help the Legal Team meet the contracting needs of our organization. As a member of our Legal Team, you will be the primary point of contact for commercial contractual matters with the mission of enabling SimpliSafe to operate at scale, efficiently, and globally.
We are looking for a self-motivated, entrepreneurial, and experienced Contracts Manager to join our growing Legal Team. You will report to the Associate General Counsel and will support the drafting, review, negotiation, and administration of commercial contracts including contractor and master service agreements and related statements of work and order forms, non-disclosure agreements, software license and SaaS agreements, marketing agreements, partnership agreements, and other bespoke commercial agreements, all with support of counsel as needed. You will work closely with internal business stakeholders and our Legal Team in furtherance of their contractual needs. You will help implement best practices for SimpliSafe’s contract lifecycle process and also identify opportunities for improvement, efficiency, and growth of the same.
What You’ll Do:
- Interpreting, drafting and negotiating the agreements listed above, incorporating legal and business concepts and negotiating changes, as appropriate.
- Ensuring contracts comply with corporate and legal policies and guidelines.
- Managing internal requests for contract-related support and matter management platform.
- Taking lead on developing best practices for SimpliSafe’s contract lifecycle process.
- Developing requirements for an enterprise Contract Management System and working with the Procurement Team to develop an RFP therefor.
- Assisting in the implementation of the enterprise Contract Management System.
- Leading the administration of the enterprise Contract Management System.
- Creating, revising, updating and maintaining the bank of SimpliSafe form documents.
- Conducting meetings with internal partners to understand business priorities, provide updates on agreement statuses, and respond to complex questions on specific agreements and contractual terms.
- Working closely with cross-functional teams and other colleagues to solve cutting edge problems, build fruitful partnerships, and close deals quickly (while maintaining quality results).
- Other duties as appropriate for experience level and company needs.
What You'll Need:
- A minimum of 4 years of experience across all areas of Contract Management.
- Ability to edit, draft and negotiate contracts, with Legal Team support and supervision.
- Ability to manage implementation of enterprise Contract Management System.
- Strong knowledge of contract and risk concepts.
- Good judgement in determining how to prioritize competing tasks to effectively support the business.
- Comfort operating on an unpaved road and partnering with business stakeholders to solve complex, contractual issues of first impression.
- Experience managing contracts in a global organization.
- Ability to translate and convey contracting principles as easy to understand business needs and when appropriate functional requirements.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to operate in a fast-moving and quickly changing organization.
- Strong academic credentials and at least a bachelor’s degree.
What Values You’ll Share:
- Customer Obsessed - Building deep empathy for customers and developing strong, long-term relationships with them.
- Aim High - Always challenging oneself and others to raise the bar.
- No Ego - “no job too small” attitude, and open, inclusive and humble style.
- One Team - highly collaborative approach to achieving success.
- Lift As We Climb - A track record of investing in developing others and helping others succeed.
- Lean & Nimble - working with agility and efficiency to experiment in an often-ambiguous environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Likewise, we are committed to full support of qualified individuals in hiring and employment. In keeping with this commitment, we will work with qualified individuals with disabilities to assess whether a reasonable accommodation may be provided to perform the essential functions of their role, absent undue hardship. If a reasonable accommodation may be needed to fully participate in the job application or interview process, to perform the essential functions of a position, or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
About SimpliSafe’s Legal Team:
SimpliSafe’s Legal Team is charged with representing the company’s interests on a global basis and serving as a critical business partner across all functions to solve some of the most complex problems facing the organization and help guide and shape key strategic considerations, commercial opportunities, and internal initiatives. Our team is trusted and empowered to act and do what is needed to protect the best interests of our company, customers, employees and shareholders, and we take this responsibility seriously.
Our goal is simple: to achieve great results, identify and mitigate risk, and set the company up for success. We do this by developing strong relationships with our business partners to better understand their needs and concerns, embracing a practical, thoughtful, and solutions-oriented approach, employing a low-ego, can-do attitude, and delivering timely risk-adjusted advice, guidance, and feedback.
As a team we collaborate and support each other’s success and development, and we approach our work with a strong sense of commitment matched by an equally strong sense of humor to ensure we continue to find our experience working at SimpliSafe to be rewarding, and enjoyable.