Sr. People Partner
We’re a high-tech home security company that’s passionate about protecting the life you’ve built and our mission of keeping Every Home Secure. And we’ve created a culture here that cares just as deeply about the career you’re building. Ours is a no ego culture of collaboration and innovation where those seeking their next challenge can find big opportunities and make a huge impact on the lives of all those who we protect. We don’t just want you to work here. We want you to grow and thrive here.
We’re embracing a hybrid work model that enables our teams to split their time between office and home. Hybrid for us means we expect our teams to come together in our state-of-the-art office on two core days, typically Tuesday and Wednesday, working together in person and choose where they work for the remainder of the week. We all benefit from flexibility and get to use the best of both worlds to get our work done.
Why are we hiring?
Well, we’re growing and thriving. So, we need smart, talented, and humble people who share our values to join us as we relentlessly pursue our goal of ensuring everyone feels safe in their own home.
What You'll Do
- Align on business objectives with business leaders and serve as primary strategic partner to leadership on people-related matters.
- Partner with People Leadership Team and business leaders to design, manage, improve, and support key People-related initiatives and programs including compensation, career development, performance management, talent planning, employee relations, change management, training, organizational design, etc.
- Partner with other People functions and internal resources to drive and execute corporate-wide People initiatives and programs through design, implementation and iteration.
- Assess organizational health and effectiveness on a regular basis and identify opportunities to drive improvements and efficiencies.
- Assist in deployment and execution of various People team surveys and employee feedback routines including focus groups and exit interviews.
- Coach managers and provide guidance and support with performance related issues or employee/manager conversations.
- Constructively challenge the status quo for the purpose of improving outcomes or processes.
- Liaise between the People Team, client groups, and other stakeholders, all while representing SimpliSafe values and culture.
- Conduct effective, thorough, and objective employee relations investigations for complex escalations and issues.
- Act as a cultural ambassador, fostering diversity and inclusion.
What You'll Bring
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Applicable HR/People Business Partner experience (or comparable role), preferably with experience supporting a C-level executive. Experience supporting a Product and/or Engineering organization in a Technology company is preferred.
- Ability to provide strategic guidance to business line, think critically, problem solve, and recommend effective solutions.
- Ability and experience supporting and coaching C-level executives.
- Excellent communication, mediation, and interpersonal skills.
- Exceptional organization and project management skills.
- Demonstrated ability scaling processes and managing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be able to flex work style - strategic, operational and tactical - and partner effectively across functional teams, and employee levels.
- General knowledge of all functional areas in HR.
What Values You’ll Share:
- Customer Obsessed - Building deep empathy for customers and developing strong, long-term relationships with them.
- Aim High - Always challenging oneself and others to raise the bar.
- No Ego - “no job too small” attitude, and open, inclusive and humble style.
- One Team - highly collaborative approach to achieving success.
- Lift As We Climb - A track record of investing in developing others and helping others succeed.
- Lean & Nimble - working with agility and efficiency to experiment in an often-ambiguous environment.