Customer Experience Specialist (Retention)
We’re a high-tech home security company that’s passionate about protecting the life you’ve built and our mission of keeping Every Home Secure. And we’ve created a culture here that cares just as deeply about the career you’re building. Ours is a no ego culture of collaboration and innovation where those seeking their next challenge can find big opportunities and make a huge impact on the lives of all those who we protect. We don’t just want you to work here. We want you to grow and thrive here.
We’re embracing a hybrid work model that enables our teams to split their time between office and home. Hybrid for us means we expect our teams to come together in our state-of-the-art office on two core days, typically Tuesday and Wednesday, working together in person and choose where they work for the remainder of the week. We all benefit from flexibility and get to use the best of both worlds to get our work done.
Why are we hiring?
Well, we’re growing and thriving. So, we need smart, talented, and humble people who share our values to join us as we disrupt the home security space and relentlessly pursue our mission of keeping Every Home Secure.
What You'll Do
SimpliSafe is a leading innovator in the home security industry with one mission: To Make Every Home Secure. Founded in 2006, SimpliSafe is based in the heart of Boston, Massachusetts. SimpliSafe is ushering in a new era, one where anyone anywhere can have a security system that is not only simple but also on the cutting edge. SimpliSafe protects over 3 million Americans and we’re growing at a rapid pace.
This Customer Experience (CX) Specialist, focused on the Retention phase of the customer experience, will drive omni-channel delivery of initiatives and programs across all functions of the business, with the goal of improving customer loyalty and retention. A successful CX Specialist will be data-driven and thrive in SimpliSafe’s innovative and fast-paced environment designing improved customer experiences. The retention space is a critical spot in the customer journey where reducing friction and increasing stickiness is imperative. This role will be responsible for oversight and enhancements to critical programs, such as Closed Loop Feedback, Proactive Attrition Outreach and Reactivation, and will represent the voice of the customer to provide insights and value to partners across the company through knowledge sharing (product/service/feature requests, issue management and resolution, etc.).
This cross-functional role will partner across departments within SimpliSafe to build and scale these programs and enhancements as a customer retention and loyalty subject matter expert. Our Customer Experience team is committed to creating a seamless, omni-channel experience for our customers, and we need someone with a Customer-Obsessed mindset and both strategic and tactical expertise to help us reach our goals!
Primary Responsibilities Include
- Design, Project Manage and Optimize the:
- Reactivation Program identifying and driving initiatives impacting reactivations and winback
- Proactive Attrition Outreach Program identifying key cohorts and creating targeted initiatives to reduce churn and increase retention and loyalty
- Bill Fail Program remediating process improvements to capture customers who have gone into “Bill Fail” status
- Closed Loop Feedback Program improving processes, and create personalized outreach to customers who partake in transactional surveys
- Issue Management: driving cross functional program ownership to CX and customer communications related issue management.
- Use data and key performance indicators to evaluate program effectiveness, and identify opportunities for improvement and looping.
- Work with subject matter experts and stakeholders across the business to ensure that program content is up to date, accurate, aligned with brand messaging and accessible through the most appropriate channel
- Support measurement and reporting on the retention CX areas success
What You'll Bring
- 3+ years customer retention experience
- Customer-centric mindset - the customer experience is at the center of everything we do
- Ability to work collaboratively and cross functionally to complete tasks and projects
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects and communicate timelines, challenges, and opportunities
- Ability to build strong relationships with SMEs, cross functional partners, and stakeholders
- Strong critical thinking and creative problem solving skills
- Comfortable challenging norms and questioning existing processes
- Confidence presenting and tailoring messaging to a variety of audiences
- Ability to execute both strategically and tactically
What Values You’ll Share
- Customer Obsessed - Building deep empathy for our customers, putting them at the core of our work, and developing strong, long-term relationships with them.
- Aim High - Always challenging ourselves and others to raise the bar.
- No Ego - Maintaining a “no job too small” attitude, and an open, inclusive and humble style.
- One Team - Taking a highly collaborative approach to achieving success.
- Lift As We Climb - Investing in developing others and helping others around us succeed.
- Lean & Nimble - Working with agility and efficiency to experiment in an often ambiguous environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Likewise, we are committed to full support of qualified individuals in hiring and employment. In keeping with this commitment, we will work with qualified individuals with disabilities to assess whether a reasonable accommodation may be provided to perform the essential functions of their role, absent undue hardship. If a reasonable accommodation may be needed to fully participate in the job application or interview process, to perform the essential functions of a position, or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact email@example.com.