Staff Program Manager - Innovation
We’re a high-tech home security company that’s passionate about protecting the life you’ve built and our mission of keeping Every Home Secure. And we’ve created a culture here that cares just as deeply about the career you’re building. Ours is a no ego culture of collaboration and innovation where those seeking their next challenge can find big opportunities and make a huge impact on the lives of all those who we protect. We don’t just want you to work here. We want you to grow and thrive here.
We’re embracing a hybrid work model that enables our teams to split their time between office and home. Hybrid for us means we expect our teams to come together in our state-of-the-art office on two core days, typically Tuesday and Wednesday, working together in person and choose where they work for the remainder of the week. We all benefit from flexibility and get to use the best of both worlds to get our work done.
Why are we hiring?
Well, we’re growing and thriving. So, we need smart, talented, and humble people who share our values to join us as we relentlessly pursue our goal of ensuring everyone feels safe in their own home.
What You'll Do:
We are a growing start-up team of engineers, designers, researchers, and product folks inside of SimpliSafe based in downtown Boston. Our team works autonomously using state-of-the-art advances in technology to solve real-world problems that transform our security products and monitoring services.
The Staff Program Manager for innovation is a key role responsible for leading and managing innovative programs and initiatives within SimpliSafe. We are seeking a driven, self-starter with a passion for technology and innovation to oversee the entire product launch process for a new product and service that will revolutionize home security. You will be responsible for overseeing the cross-functional development, launch, and on-going implementation and operations.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive project plan for the launch of the home security service, including timelines, budgets, and resource allocation.
- Coordinate with cross-functional teams, including engineering, product, marketing, sales, and customer support, to ensure all aspects of the project are aligned.
- Facilitate communication and collaboration between stakeholders, ensuring that all parties are informed of project status and any changes in scope or timelines.
- Identify and mitigate project risks and proactively manage project issues.
- Gain a deep understanding of the platform and services including the hardware, software, and network components to make informed decisions about technical requirements, design, and implementation.
- Work with engineering teams to ensure that technical requirements are well-defined and that engineering work is completed on schedule.
- Manage project budgets and ensure that resources are used effectively and efficiently.
- Monitor project progress and report on project status to senior leadership.
- Continuously improve project management processes and methodologies to increase project success rates.
What You’ll Bring:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related technical field.
- 7+ years of experience in technical program management or related roles.
- Experience launching and managing large, multifaceted programs involving hardware, software and network components.
- A proven track record of delivering successful innovation programs to market.
- Strong project management skills, with the ability to develop and manage complex project plans.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build strong relationships with cross-functional teams and stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to drive results and meet project milestones.
- Experience working with agile development methodologies.
- Strong technical background with the ability to understand and articulate technical requirements.
- Familiarity with project management tools such as Jira and Notion.
What Values You’ll Share
- Customer Obsessed - Building deep empathy for our customers, putting them at the core of our work, and developing strong, long-term relationships with them.
- Aim High - Always challenging ourselves and others to raise the bar.
- No Ego - Maintaining a “no job too small” attitude, and an open, inclusive and humble style.
- One Team - Taking a highly collaborative approach to achieving success.
- Lift As We Climb - Investing in developing others and helping others around us succeed.
- Lean & Nimble - Working with agility and efficiency to experiment in an often ambiguous environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Likewise, we are committed to full support of qualified individuals in hiring and employment. In keeping with this commitment, we will work with qualified individuals with disabilities to assess whether a reasonable accommodation may be provided to perform the essential functions of their role, absent undue hardship. If a reasonable accommodation may be needed to fully participate in the job application or interview process, to perform the essential functions of a position, or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact email@example.com.