Director of Product User Experience
We’re a high-tech home security company that’s passionate about protecting the life you’ve built and our mission of keeping Every Home Secure. And we’ve created a culture here that cares just as deeply about the career you’re building. Ours is a no ego culture of collaboration and innovation where those seeking their next challenge can find big opportunities and make a huge impact on the lives of all those who we protect. We don’t just want you to work here. We want you to grow and thrive here.
We’re embracing a hybrid work model that enables our teams to split their time between office and home. Hybrid for us means we expect our teams to come together in our state-of-the-art office on two core days, typically Tuesday and Wednesday, working together in person and choose where they work for the remainder of the week. We all benefit from flexibility and get to use the best of both worlds to get our work done.
Why are we hiring?
Well, we’re growing and thriving. So, we need smart, talented, and humble people who share our values to join us as we disrupt the home security space and relentlessly pursue our mission of keeping Every Home Secure.
What You'll Do
SimpliSafe is seeking a Director of User Experience to lead our UX Design and UX research team in designing exceptional user experiences for our security products. The ideal candidate should have extensive experience in managing and leading UX teams, conducting user research, and utilizing insights to create user-centered design solutions. The successful candidate will collaborate with cross-functional teams to deliver intuitive and engaging experiences across all platforms.
Primary Responsibilities Include
- Lead and manage a team of UX designers and researchers to create seamless, user-centric experiences across all SimpliSafe products and services.
- Define and execute user research plans to gather insights on user needs, behaviors, and preferences, and utilize these insights to drive product decisions and design solutions.
- Develop and implement a user experience strategy that aligns with the company's business goals and vision.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams to ensure that user needs are integrated into all aspects of product development
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including Product Management, Engineering, marketing, Industrial Design and Customer Service, to ensure the delivery of high-quality, user-centric products and experiences.
- Advocate for the user by championing user-centered design principles and promoting a culture of user empathy throughout the organization.
- Continuously monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of UX and research processes and tools, and implement improvements as needed.
- Define and track key user experience metrics to measure the success of our products and services
- Develop and mentor team members, providing guidance and support for their professional growth and development.
What You'll Bring
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in UX Design, Human-Computer Interaction, Psychology, or a related field.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in user experience design, with at least 4 years of experience in a leadership or management role.
- Strong knowledge of user-centered design principles and practices, and experience applying them to complex products and services.
- Proven ability to lead and manage teams, with experience in coaching, mentoring, and developing team members.
- Experience in conducting user research, including qualitative and quantitative methods, and applying insights to drive design decisions.
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills, with the ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams and stakeholders.
- Ability to think strategically and creatively, and to balance user needs with business goals and constraints.
- Track record of building collaborative and effective teams
- Strong portfolio demonstrating user-centered design solutions for complex products and platforms.
- If you are passionate about creating user-centric experiences and leading a talented team of UX designers and researchers, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity at SimpliSafe.
What Values You’ll Share
- Customer Obsessed - Building deep empathy for our customers, putting them at the core of our work, and developing strong, long-term relationships with them.
- Aim High - Always challenging ourselves and others to raise the bar.
- No Ego - Maintaining a “no job too small” attitude, and an open, inclusive and humble style.
- One Team - Taking a highly collaborative approach to achieving success.
- Lift As We Climb - Investing in developing others and helping others around us succeed.
- Lean & Nimble - Working with agility and efficiency to experiment in an often ambiguous environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Likewise, we are committed to full support of qualified individuals in hiring and employment. In keeping with this commitment, we will work with qualified individuals with disabilities to assess whether a reasonable accommodation may be provided to perform the essential functions of their role, absent undue hardship. If a reasonable accommodation may be needed to fully participate in the job application or interview process, to perform the essential functions of a position, or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact email@example.com.