We’re a high-tech home security company that’s passionate about protecting the life you’ve built and our mission of keeping Every Home Secure. And we’ve created a culture here that cares just as deeply about the career you’re building. Ours is a no ego culture of collaboration and innovation where those seeking their next challenge can find big opportunities and make a huge impact on the lives of all those who we protect. We don’t just want you to work here. We want you to grow and thrive here.
We’re embracing a hybrid work model that enables our teams to split their time between office and home. Hybrid for us means we expect our teams to come together in our state-of-the-art office on two core days, typically Tuesday and Wednesday, working together in person and choose where they work for the remainder of the week. We all benefit from flexibility and get to use the best of both worlds to get our work done.
Why are we hiring?
Well, we’re growing and thriving. So, we need smart, talented, and humble people who share our values to join us as we disrupt the home security space and relentlessly pursue our mission of keeping Every Home Secure.
What You’ll Do:
SimpliSafe is seeking a Sr. Transportation & Compliance Analyst to join the Global Logistics team. The Sr. Transportation & Compliance Analyst is responsible for all inbound transportation and the import and export compliance programs for the company. The position must ensure adherence with all Commerce and Customs and Border Protection regulations while strategically and continuously building the trade compliance program, reducing tariff expense through drawback and substantiating sourcing initiatives. It will also manage all day-to-day international transportation activity via air and ocean freight. This includes cost control, annual negotiations, delivering tight deadlines and servicing internal and external customers. The analyst will also be responsible for the implementation and future management of a freight payment provider.This is a highly cross functional role that will work closely with legal, supply chain, sales, accounting, and finance to improve customs and trade for SimpliSafe.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Work with carriers on a day-to-day basis to ensure SimpliSafe products are moving efficiently and on time. Quote rates and procure capacity for special projects and urgent requests. Approve spot rates and air freight as necessary.
- Lead, negotiate and execute sourcing events in collaboration with Simplisafe procurement for outbound transportation providers on a defined cadence. Ensure optimal balance between capacity, service requirements and costs.
- Build and maintain relationships with transportation providers and customs brokers. Serve as the primary point of contact. Recognize wins and hold partners accountable when performance does not meet expectations.
- Build, develop and maintain import/export compliance manuals, policies, procedures, and processes.
- Lead, perform and ensure compliance with all trade regulations. Build appropriate procedures and programs to adhere with regulations including declarations of assists, proper valuation, proper marking of products, tariff classification, country of origin determination, ADD/CVD declarations & OGA compliance.
- Create informed compliance throughout the SimpliSafe organization. Provide relevant cross functional compliance training and appropriate educational awareness.
- Audit and maintain recordkeeping requirements for all imports and exports. Correct errors through appropriate method: post summary corrections, protests, and/or prior disclosures.
- Perform ad hoc product classifications – Harmonized Tariff Schedule codes (HTS) and Export Commodity Classification Numbers (ECCN)
- Prepare internal reports and appropriate KPIs to management. Utilize and analyze reports from ACE for use in reconciliation and self-assessment/compliance testing and other compliance activities.
- Enhance the current internal Customs Compliance audit program and manage any external customs audits
What You’ll Bring:
- 5-7 years of import and export compliance experience. B.A. /B.S. in Business or related field. Customs Broker License strongly preferred.
- Technology savvy in general, proficiency, MSOffice and Google Workspace (Excel skills are a must), experience utilizing ERP systems like NetSuite. Experience with ACE, ITRAC, CROSS and other trade agency systems.
- Expert knowledge of HTS classifications, origin determination, valuation, assist declarations and free trade agreements.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills Excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Ability to interact and communicate appropriately at all levels within the organization.
- Prior demonstrated success in leadership, implementation, improvement programs and change management. Experience of developing and delivering training and improvement strategies and converting into tactical plans that deliver results.
- Experience of working cross functionally with other departments e.g. Finance, Tax, legal, Sourcing and Supply Chain.
Skills, Abilities and Knowledge
- Technology savvy in general, proficiency with MSOffice and Google Workspace (Excel skills are a must), experience utilizing ERP systems like NetSuite. Tableau experience a plus
- Self-driven, target and process driven; Self-motivated and determined, with a flexible hands-on approach to work. Strong communication and ability to represent SimpliSafe at all levels in a structured, dynamic and professional way
- Strong medium and long-term forward planning, organizational, prioritizing and multitasking skills. Ability to analyze and solve problems
- Passionate, customer focused approach, driven by high customer satisfaction levels. A team player with a ‘can do’ attitude, capable of working with minimal supervision
- Located in Boston, MA. Travel Required: up to 20%
What Values You’ll Share
- Customer Obsessed - Building deep empathy for our customers, putting them at the core of our work, and developing strong, long-term relationships with them.
- Aim High - Always challenging ourselves and others to raise the bar.
- No Ego - Maintaining a “no job too small” attitude, and an open, inclusive and humble style.
- One Team - Taking a highly collaborative approach to achieving success.
- Lift As We Climb - Investing in developing others and helping others around us succeed.
- Lean & Nimble - Working with agility and efficiency to experiment in an often ambiguous environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Likewise, we are committed to full support of qualified individuals in hiring and employment. In keeping with this commitment, we will work with qualified individuals with disabilities to assess whether a reasonable accommodation may be provided to perform the essential functions of their role, absent undue hardship. If a reasonable accommodation may be needed to fully participate in the job application or interview process, to perform the essential functions of a position, or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact email@example.com.