IT Engineer I - Fulfillment
Simplisafe, who we are:
We fundamentally disrupted the home security industry, pioneering a new way to make home the safest place on earth for everyone. Founded in 2006, we were the first to offer homeowners professional-grade monitored home security with no long-term contracts and at radically fair prices. We now protect over 3 million people and remain committed to our founding goal: to make every home secure.
SimpliSafe is an IoT leader in the Security space and we are currently in a period of hyper-growth. We are looking for an IT Engineer I to support our Fulfillment centers.
- Being the point person for any technical issues - e.g. networking and hardware problems
- Data gathering, troubleshooting, and first-line remediation efforts
- Supporting Fulfillment stations and working with Engineering teams
- Supporting additional IT systems in Fulfillment: Chromebooks, Macbooks, printers, A/V equipment, wifi
- Escalating technical issues with their rightful owners back in Boston - for long term resolution, even if the immediate fire is out
- Have the ability to travel between existing Fulfillment sites in Braintree, Charlestown, and our new site in Taunton
- Possess an IT-related Bachelor’s degree (or have equivalent experience in the IT field)
- Be flexible and comfortable adapting to different technologies
- Possess both self-direction to work autonomously and a humble, team-player mindset
- Have exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Be able to triage and re-prioritize on the fly when things come up
- Possess a foundational understanding of networking, wifi, and servers
- Utilize a collaborative, thoughtful, friendly approach to customer service: as an IT Engineer, you’re eager to help an end user in need, however difficult (or simple!) the problem might be.
- Enjoy, and have enthusiasm for, continued learning and growth
- Be willing to pitch in- whether it is snaking cables through walls, fixing keyboards, or challenging technical projects
Simplisafe is a home security company that is based in Boston, MA which creates and sells self-installed security systems. Our company was founded by Chad and Eleanor Laurans in 2006 when they had several friends whose homes were broken into. Chad and Eleanor started designing Simplisafe products in their own home when they realized there weren’t any solutions available on the market that were geared towards renters. From these humble beginnings, Simplisafe has become a major competitor in the home security market and was recently acquired by private equity firm Hellman & Friedman.
At Simplisafe, we place an emphasis on a ‘no-ego’, collaborative culture. From the top down, we all work together to solve the difficult challenges within the home security and IoT industry. We have recently been named in Built In Boston’s ‘Best Places to Work in 2019’ list and in Wealthfront’s ‘2019 Career Launching Companies’ list. Like our products, we are constantly evolving to provide the best employment experience possible. If Simplisafe sounds like a company you’d enjoy working for, we’d love to hear from you!
Benefits & Perks:
Health, dental and vision coverage - We cover 85% of plans and offer excellent BCBS HMO/PPO Health plans
Unlimited paid time off - To give you the flexibility and work/life balance you seek
401k Matching and Company Equity - To help you prepare for the future
Commuter Pre-Tax Benefits - To help cover the costs of transportation and parking at our Downtown Boston HQ