Senior Product Manager; Hardware
We are …
a team of designers, strategists, engineers, writers, researchers and product folks based in downtown Boston. Over the past ten years, we’ve quietly transformed home security from an outdated, unfriendly industry to something elegant, thoughtful, and beautifully designed. We put our customers at the center of everything we do. We care deeply about their experience and we constantly try to delight them with innovative products and services that are fairly priced. Our top ratings in the App/Play store are a clear validation of our commitment to customer experience. Plus, CNET, the Wirecutter and PCMag all named us their Editors’ Choice for home security.
The Job …
As a Sr Product Manager for Hardware, you’ll help define the future of our alarm and camera products. To succeed, you’ll need critical thinking, initiative, resilience, and a customer-first mindset. You’ll make your decisions by diving deep into the data whenever possible, but be comfortable in the face of ambiguity to take calculated leaps of faith. Your responsibilities include:
- Champion new products and features from conception to launch
- Develop a deep understanding of the customer via interviews and surveys.
- Assess competitors and technology trends.
- Research and write detailed requirements that effectively capture the vision and business case for the product or feature.
- Perform data analysis to uncover user insights using a variety of tools including SQL, Firebase, and Google Analytics
- Lead the engineering and design teams in making decisions that balance cost, timeline, and customer benefit.
- Work with the marketing team to develop and support go-to-market plans
- Help define product strategy based on customer and market requirements, and drive the execution of roadmaps and plans
You’ve got ..
- Passion for consumer products, especially electronics, apps, and smart home
- Data-driven mindset that loves diving into the details
- Strong understanding of agile methodology, user experience, and jobs theory
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves and Get Things Done
- Strong writing ability, presentation and verbal communication skills.
- Bachelor's Degree in a technical discipline (engineering or science)
- Advanced degree (MS / MBA) strongly preferred
- 3-5 years of experience in roles related to Product Management, Product Marketing, Software Development, or User Experience Design