Director of Financial Systems
Who We Are
SimpliSafe is a leading innovator in the DIY security industry with one mission: to make every home secure. We believe in democratizing home safety. As our co-founder Chad Laurans aptly put it, “you shouldn’t have to ask permission to secure your home. You should be able to do it yourself.”
SimpliSafe protects over 3 million Americans and we’re growing at a rapid pace. We pride ourselves in being daring innovators, humble cooperators, and data driven thinkers. We go wherever the best idea leads us, work selflessly to get the best outcomes for our customers, and constantly analyze & reevaluate our efforts.
Are you passionate about using systems to enable business growth? Do you have a strong track record of implementing financial systems such as ERP? When asked to professionalize the day-to-day financial operations, are you a visionary and see only endless opportunities? Do you speak both the technical and financial languages effectively and are able to convert your vision into concrete results? Are you motivated by the opportunity to make a significant impact?
If the above sounds like you, you could be a great fit!
The mission of SimpliSafe is to keep every home secure. It is our belief that being safe should be simple. SimpliSafe designs home security systems that are wireless, cellular and so user-friendly that they can be set up by anyone in minutes. In addition to our great products, SimpliSafe offers seamless 24/7 professional monitoring services, without the long-term contracts nor sky-high prices of traditional alarm companies. Simply put, we’re on an industry-disruptive mission to keep every home safe.
The Director of Financial Systems and Innovations will report to the Chief Financial Officer and fill a key role on the finance leadership team at SimpliSafe. You will be the architect of the overall financial, business, accounting and analytics systems to enable SimpliSafe’s substantial growth.
The first critical step is to successfully design and implement a new ERP. In this regard, you will liaise with both external consultants and with internal stakeholders across various departments to take SimpliSafe from design to deployment and beyond.
In addition, you will define the long-term ideal financial system architecture and move us toward that vision. This requires you to build an in-depth understanding of the various functions within Finance, how they enable overall business decisions, and define the right set of aspirations. You will be a strategist, a builder, a collaborator, and a rainmaker to facilitate the building of our collective dreams across all internal stakeholders, and lead us to bring all that to fruition.
Finally you are a constant learner. You will learn and stay on top of the newest development in financial technologies, and introduce those at the right time to further drive us toward becoming a world-class finance team.
For the right candidate, this role will be incredibly exciting and rewarding. You will have unparalleled visibility among the senior leadership team and play a pivotal role in shaping the financial architecture of a fast-growing, private equity backed company with great ambitions.
What You’ll Do:
- Develop an in-depth understanding of current state systems and processes, including integrations and data architecture
- Partner with the Enterprise Information Systems team in IT to map out a vision of our to-be-state financial systems architecture
- Develop a high-level workplan with strategic sequencing of all building blocks to deliver the to-be-state vision
- Gather business requirements to design the new ERP system and lead the overall implementation, including sourcing system integrators where appropriate
- Clearly articulate all points of integration with other Enterprise Information Systems and work closely with IT to build these interfaces effectively
- While implementing the new ERP system, define and secure long-term resource requirements to continue optimizing the system beyond go-live date
- Run change management to ensure effective adoption of new ERP system, or deliver additional refinement / optimization as appropriate
- Manage the long-term resources to provide production support beyond launch date
- Beyond ERP, continue to identify, evaluate and recommend other key technologies to enable other parts of Finance to further help scale the overall business, e.g., FP&A, Procurement, Business Analytics
- Continue to push the envelope: monitor new financial technology trends and introduce the right solutions when appropriate, e.g., RPA
What You’ll Need:
- 10+ years of ERP implementations and systems management and maintenance
- Technical consulting experience is a must
- Deep understanding of financial processes and SOx controls environment
- Strong communication and project management skills
- Strategic and visionary in financial systems architecture
- Ability to work under pressure, meet tight deadlines and adapt quickly to change
- Must be able to troubleshoot, resolve and communicate solutions for system issues
- The following experiences are a plus: NetSuite, subscription billing systems, revenue recognition systems