Staff Software Engineer - EIS
We are the fastest growing home security company in the country competing against the entrenched giants, like ADT, and the new-to-the-space giants, like Amazon and Google. To compete in this ever growing IoT home automation security space we must learn and iterate quickly, work collaboratively, and deliver creatively. In service to this challenge, our engineering team is proud to own and run the literal "full stack", from designing and building the circuit boards on our hardware all the way to coding the UI on our mobile applications.
Due to tremendous growth, SimpliSafe is looking for a Staff-level Software Engineer to join our Enterprise Information Systems team. This position will help ensure that our customers, and prospective customers, enjoy a seamless experience interacting with our digital interface. As a Staff Software Engineer you will design, implement and maintain the systems/APIs that drive our:
- Online shopping experience
- Fulfillment and Shipping
- Extensive professional experience (7+ years) writing web services at scale using one of Node.js, PHP, Python, Java, or C#.
- Working familiarity with at least one other language and a willingness to work in a polyglot development environment.
- Demonstrated ability to design and implement server-side web applications
- Experience with AWS and DevOps tools (i.e. Docker, Jenkins, Terraform)
- Experienced working in a CI/CD environment
- Strong knowledge of SQL
- A team player, but also comfortable working independently
- Familiar with agile concepts and microservices architecture
- Comfortable with the command line wherever it resides
- Love building new things, but realize that maintenance is half the battle
Bonus Points for:
- Experience with Node.js and/or PHP
- Bachelor’s degree in Software Engineering